No announcement yet.

Scott's 1967 GMC 1500 pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My el camino blows one headlight on one setting only. I don't remember which off the top of my head. Think its the left one.

Comment

• I have been doing some long past due maintenance on my truck. I have been driving the snot out of it all summer, with some Galaxie driving in between. Did the oil change and refilled the trans that leaked even when it was in the Impala. I stuck about a quart of Lucas Oil trans stabilizer since this one uses ATF. The stabilizer is supposed to help with leaky seals.

I rewired the trailer hitch for towing the boat. I was going to reuse the hitch wiring and plug that was there when I bought the truck. It was broke at the back where the plug wouldn't go in all the way. It was too far gone.

I also got approval for my vanity plates. I am getting the appropriate Cornhusker special plates that say HAYHWLN on them.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• So good to hear from you! Sounds like you're having fun. The Volvo is near done (mostly wiring) and I'm eager to get back on it.

Love the plate! But will you have to get a load of hay now?

Dan

Comment

• Good to see you back!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            So good to hear from you! Sounds like you're having fun. The Volvo is near done (mostly wiring) and I'm eager to get back on it.

Love the plate! But will you have to get a load of hay now?

Dan

I won't be getting hay anytime soon, except part of Halloween or thanksgiving decorations at the house. Or, if decide to buy an animal that eats that stuff. The truck came off a farm, hence the Hay Hauler name.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

I won't be getting hay anytime soon, except part of Halloween or thanksgiving decorations at the house. Or, if decide to buy an animal that eats that stuff. The truck came off a farm, hence the Hay Hauler name.
              I figured that but it's easy to tease you with that plate.

Dan

Comment

• A quick update. The truck's right axle started leaking on the Dana 44. I saw it running down the brake backing plates. I pulled the axles and discovered that the seals are not behind the pressed on bearings, but in the axle tube itself. I had trouble finding any kind of listing for them and didn't want to yank them out to see if I can find the number on them. So, I just got out the Right Stuff sealant and used it on all the mounting flanges. Seems to be holding well.

Drove it to Dallas, TX a couple weekends ago to see Chad run Daphne's wagon at Texas Motorsports Park. About 1500 miles round trip. Ran perfect, didn't use a drop of oil, and got an amazing 17 mpg. I still have done nothing to the front suspension in the 3 years of ownership. Still drives very straight and no rattles. I am stunned. But, now that I said that, it will find Murphy and start using oil and the front suspension will fall apart piece by piece.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X