No announcement yet.

Quad Turbo 454 '23T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday I finally finished buttoning up the exhaust. It still needs many hours of polishing but is good enough for now. Today I plumbed the turbo oil returns, made some new plug wires, flushed out the fuel system and started making a new computer harness. I wasn't happy with the previous one and I'm going to use a relay board this time. I cut the connectors out of the old one. I could be driving it by now but I keep redoing things that I'm not happy with.

Comment

I keep removing things I'm not happy with and redoing them. This time it was the harness. I cut all the connectors out of the old one and made a new one. I still have a bunch of bare rubber hose to replace but I think I'm almost ready to start it in the car. I decided to weigh the car the other night. Without the battery and radiator it's 1534 lbs.
      Last edited by ka67_72; May 14, 2015, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Kevin,

Is that one of your Throttle Bodies?
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Will,
          It is. The one you saw that had been cycled 128,000 times has been on the Ranger since Nov without issue other than the radiator exploding a few times. Surface finish has improved since you've seen them. I gave up on mass finishing. Currently polishing is about ten hours by hand.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ka67_72 View Post
            Will,
            It is. The one you saw that had been cycled 128,000 times has been on the Ranger since Nov without issue other than the radiator exploding a few times. Surface finish has improved since you've seen them. I gave up on mass finishing. Currently polishing is about ten hours by hand.

Kevin
            It looks great man! Still think you should make split Domi's and run each turbo into an individual 2bbl section...

Still want to see this thing on the road and how it rides with those homemade friction shocks and all.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I got the motor running in the car today. I'm picking up some noise on the VR input that wasn't there on the dyno. Other than that miss it sounds good. I need to find a way to quiet it down some for leaving at 6:30 in the morning.

Comment

A very light foot?
                Most normal working dy folks are up by then? ... Key word..normal

Comment

I finished rewiring the lights, fan, and water pump. Thanks to the tooth logger I filtered out the noise. I'm using shielded twisted pair grounded to the relay board. Either way it's running and sounds more wicked than I ever imagined. I was going to figure out how to cool the 'glide and bolt up the converter tomorrow but we were invited to spend the day on the lake with some normal people and their ski boat. Stupid holiday weekend. I'll be sure to stick my head under water before I start screaming at my wife. At least there's Monday.

Kevin

Comment

This week I mounted a shifter, bled the brakes, fixed a leaky wheel bead and did a few other things I can't remember.

Comment

I had to do a little brake check before I was comfortable putting the wheels on. I idled around the driveway until the noisy fan breathed its last.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                      X