Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet Geoff, the Ford F150 I bought for my youngest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Geoff, the Ford F150 I bought for my youngest.

Just purchased a 1986 Ford F150 2WD flare-side for my youngest. She sports a 300 I-6/four speed, equipped with power steering, power brakes, and air conditioning. Pics coming soon.
    Last edited by HillbillySailor2; March 25, 2016, 07:00 AM.
    Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

I had one like that. I think the flaresides must have almost all come with an I-6. I've seen a bunch over the years and out of them all only one v-8. One nice thing about the 6, it's so rugged and simple it's hard to kill. Looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

I'd put a better carb/intake on it and headers, or atleast bigger pipes.. Small 2 barrel probably give it little more power and driveability.. Saw a guy who used waterproof marine plywood cut to fit the board's places with the proper notchings etc ... Lasted a good long while!

Comment

Glad she'll have a good solid rig to drive! But he looks more like a Fred than a Geoff. ;)

Comment

That'll still be running after the Zombies attack! I don't think EMP hurts a CDI ignition?
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Get the exhaust manifold off of the EFI 300s, it's just as good, if not better than any header for it out there. That feedback carb was a pile when it was new, but the clifford stuff is kinda pricey. It's probably beyond the scope of your project, but you could probably get everything from an EFI 87+ 300 and bring the truck kicking and screaming into the late 20th Century on the cheap.
            Last edited by hauen; August 15, 2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Tell her she needs to recolor her hair to match the truck.

Didn't realize they were still using wood beds into the '80's. Glad my '67 GMC is steel.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Starting to sound like the dreaded project creep! We have become familiar with this and are embracing it! looks like great progress thus far!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

This is the time to:
                  A) Weld in plates to fix the frame and -
                  B) Paint the back of the cab and front of the bed in whatever color Geoff will eventually sport. I can't pull the S-10 bed 'cause the roll bar downbars are in the way but I REALLY wish I could!

Cool that you're making progress. Hope The Daughter is helping so she'll properly appreciate the results.

Dan

Comment

Most of the stuff I've ran into thus far I've expected, Patrick. The rusted area in the frame, on the other hand, was a surprise. I'll weld in some plate material in to fix the damage, like Dan suggested. Oh, I'd like to go back to the original color you see on the back of the cab, Dan. I'm not too fond of the respray someone did on this truck. And she has been helping. I've already told her the moment she gives up and stops helping, the truck becomes my project...one I will keep.
                    Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

Good plan, Shannon. If she's invested in it she'll take better care of it and also drive more carefully. Sounds like you have a great plan.

Comment

Cool project!
                        Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                        1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                        1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Working...
                        X