No announcement yet.

FJ40 I call Shipwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOW I get your evil plot! This project is really a way to get all of your spare parts (old engine, spare radiator, etc.) in a rolling chunk. Sneaky - and clever.

Dan

Comment

• yes, yes it is... clean up my garage by building a car
      I dropped it down about 2", but now it hangs at least 6" below the frame. Maybe clocking it would be the right option. Before I do that; I'm going to get the axles where they belong and visualize the links.... maybe the right thing to do would be attach the lower arms to the back of the skid plate (and front) if that works, then the case can stay this low.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• the problem

The solution

I really need to get something better than slicks on my bobcat... it's still not home, it got too dark and it slid off another hill on the way back to the garage... I left it in the woods overnight to consider its sins. I think, though, this finally convinced me to start looking for a 4x4 kubota-type tractor....

Comment

• ...tracks...

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
            ...tracks...
            4x4 tractor.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              4x4 tractor.
              Better idea! Can do more!

Comment

• tomorrow, after the swap meet at Monroe, I'm going to stop by the farm implement store and dream...

Comment

• Ditto on the tracks. It's amazing the difference they make, and lots cheaper than new tractors. What's the scoop on the scoop? That is the strangest bucket I've seen on a loader......windows for viewing something? What?
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• the scoop came that way - it was a stall cleaning device. I don't mind the length of it, but you can't see the front edge - and that's a pain.

Comment

• How pricey is a new set of tars? Seems like that would go a long way to fixing the "stuck" issue. And a 4wd tractor would be nice, too........

Dan

Comment

• tires sound like a good option...
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Around $100 for 15's cheapos.. Go up to $500 each.. For what Aaron wants to do a 30/45 hp 4X4 tractor will get him "there" Can get mowers, brush hogs, blades and many more attachments.. True, you can get brush hogs for Bobcats..

Comment

• Its not a Bobcat! Its a Case! Skid steer! not that I care i just have skid steer envy

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Seriously, these things are darn-near "unstickable" with tracks. Its amazing to see what they will conquer once tracked. (apparently I suffer from track-envy? Definitely!)

My skid-steer needs new shoes (getting to be a lot of cuts with the tube exposed), but as most of its use involves yard crossing its kinda nice having bald treads. It slides rather than cut in, where as new tires would make a huge mess of things. Unfortunately, these tires come in two styles - brand new and completely worn out. Nobody replaces them until they are shot.

I'm on very flat ground though, and even when I stick it in deep snow in the winter, I can nearly always get out with just a flip of the bucket while on the drive handles at the same time. Does awesome donuts too.

Maybe I should look into tracks myself......
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• maybe I should just get chains...

case/bobcat, they really are all about the same thing - they make noise and holes in your yard.
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 13, 2014, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X