Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hence the FJ lean before??
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• likely
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Does it lean now? ..
        Sure is a nice sweet rig!
        I'd drive it even with the lean....

Comment

• no lean - but I need to take the pre-load off the driver's side....

it drives a whole heck of a lot better - dare I say it, it rides really comfortably.... corners are a bit white knuckle because I've not put a front sway bar on - that said, I could slow down to something slower than ludicrous speed - it does ride very well, boxing the frame and putting good coils/shocks all around really does make this a nice riding vehicle.

which is what I hoped for - something I could drive to Moab then wheel anything there. This one might get a "if you see this on a trailer, call 911" bumper sticker.

Comment

• so finalized the filling tonight and set the spring stops....

Comment

• Just a thought... at the tire dealer my father in law used, they had a manifold with clip on inflation valves so they could equalize all tires on the rig with nitrogen... kind of pricey for a DIYer, but, that's why it's just a thought...
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• there are people who travel with a nitrogen-refill system instead of an air compressor... I think you can refill 60 38" tires from zero out of one canister, but I have other options ;)

Comment

• sad news, I was supposed to go wheeling this weekend - but the Jeep owners I know all had a cool wind blowing up their skirts and the Toyota guy gave it a full college try - but alas, even his FJ40 pee'd out its hydraulic fluid when confronted with the awesomeness that is my FJ40.... I need to bring them all over and do a round of upgrades to their vehicles (either that or provide thermal underwear for the Jeep guys)

Comment

• time to build the boxes
                    there were some design changes (read, I can waste an entire sheet of material but still make what I need from the scraps.... just takes longer)

these fit between the b and c pillar

this one I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but since I started, I figured why not

still have to weld the lids, cut holes for the locks and put some form of lid opener on them... but this is the idea

Comment

• locks and paint then they're done

Comment

• Man!... You move fast!

Comment

• In tonight's episode we bore you with boxes and doors

primer

wait for it to dry

paint some more

cut down some perfectly terrible doors

chop chop

tomorrow weld weld, drill drill

and yes, I know it'd be a lot easier to simply make a couple panels out of a bit of sheet steel. thanks for noticing

Comment

• I like how you piss off the FJ purists by chopping down 2 perfectly fine doors where a couple sheets of plywood'd work...

Comment

• look carefully at the last door...it's missing about 1" of the bottom edge. The 'good' one could have been saved but even it has issues.

Comment

• Have you checked the front page lately?
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X