FJ40 I call Shipwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the "sway bar tech" I was talking about

give them an 'E' for effort, but *sigh* shows that perhaps there's room for a good company to really make a mark.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• There's a guywith a FJ55 that parks one wheel on those old stumps and all tires are planted.. Stump is a good 4 ft tall..

Comment

• Only 48"? that's cute
        slow the list is getting knocked out
        since the fuel leak is fixed, I can wash it

of course, after the fix, now the gauge doesn't work.... sigh... that said, I didn't check it after I wired the lights so something could have been knocked loose. Tested the connection and terminals at the tank and it seems fine
        a new item and a fix of another item
        No idea why the clutch worked fine then didn't. it was 2 things. first was the nut loosened on the clutch rod, but the second

the line ran too close to the exhaust.... hot fluid expands... clutch works with difficulty. This should resolve it and fix an issue with the wires being too close. Good thing I'd wrapped the wires otherwise this would have been a bit more involved

and limit straps

before someone jumps on about the strap not being tight, the suspension isn't at full droop because the springs hold the axle before that point.... if the warranty didn't require it, I probably would have left the rear axle without straps.

Comment

• that warranty statement sounds like an attorney read the paperwork/(Gasp) directions...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• In the truest sense of the words, I get paid to read the fine print so you don't have to

Comment

• kind of frustrating day.... starting to get a migraine so I went to do quiet stuff on the '40. So first step was get it off the lift then whip it around so I could start on the fuel sender problem... and the idler pulley (the non-ribbed) is squeaking again. Add to that the exhaust leak I thought I'd fixed .... isn't. So headache, exhaust leak and squeek.... there are days when God is saying "nope, not tonight."

In other news there's a new leak on the bottom of the radiator.... fortunately it's something to do with the hose - though for the life of me I don't know why it'd start now. New hose, didn't leak before....

Oh, and another on Ih8mud was right about the shifter.... inner knob is rear axle control, passenger side is front axle control.... interesting. I think the '40 is starting to get this sense that I'm about fed up with its issues and I'm going to beat it soon.... and I know, I build a show car then beat the living snot out of it. Cool, ain't it?

Comment

• EPIC COOLNESS Counselor!
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Bloodhound break

that is what happens when you don't exercise your working dog
                  poor Buick

this is what happens when you're too lazy to shorten your tow strap (or open the gate)

this is what happens when you are too lazy to take the brush bar off to install the PS cooler

and finally this is what happens when you buy generic parts from China

stupid squeals.

Comment

• Fact that you did ANYTHING AT ALL is friggin amazing!
                    I loaded the wheel barrow with wood and quit!

Comment

• squeal is fixed by AC Delco part...

gas leak is fixed by AC part (my initials)

no leak

coming attraction, something beside gravity holding this in place

and something to keep the water out of this

and list mostly done

Comment

• Need a cup holder, and all the stuff I've found was either plastic crap or expensive plastic crap....
                        I did find something the right size

but then thought perhaps cutting up my paint gun holder was a bad idea (if I'd have had 2 I would have)
                        find the right die

weld it to the table

bend into circles

weld together

paint

installation tomorrow

Comment

• Apply for a patent.... quickly! That ought to last forever, or at least until you change your mind....whichever comes first....
                          Last edited by silver_bullet; August 23, 2016, 03:30 AM.
                          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• cup holder

installed

next up is brackets for these

and a quandry

This particular radio is an AM/FM radio, broadcast on CB radio frequencies (29), and 70cm, 2m, 6m, & 10m. It can also receive on 700-900 - which makes it also a police scanner.

the quandry is multiple - do I keep the CB I already installed and the radio? (probably to allow multiple-band listening), but with the radio - do I really need more then a USB player? .... I'm all for technology and capability - but do I really need it?

weigh in, interested to hear other thoughts

Comment

• I only listen to am/fm Elliott likes the kids music CD so that is nice for her. Would you want to listen to music while listening to the police scanner?
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

• The reasoning behind the 800 mhz scanner is on SAR missions, it's nice to know what's going on the police side of things - many times it takes a relay to get information from the police to us - they broadcast at 800 mhz to the 911 call center then back to us on our Part 90 (146 mhz) radios. We all used to be on the same channel, but 800 is more secure and is better at getting over hills.... but it's police only so we can't broadcast there... what really bites is when we could hear the police because we're in the same valley, but the 911 center can't get to us because of the frequency we're on... so if I'm monitoring the scanner, it's for the purpose of cutting out the middleman when they're out of range.

the tl/dr is no, I normally don't listen to both at once.
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 23, 2016, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X