Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    My wife wanted opening side windows for her JunK .... today was install day for one

and yes, the window broke coming out

she wanted complete removeable - so it's completely removeable...
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 17, 2022, 09:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    With your panhard bar being shorter than your drag link, wont this create a little bind as the suspension travels and the two run in different arcs?
    no
    I suppose it could in some situations but not this one

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    With your panhard bar being shorter than your drag link, wont this create a little bind as the suspension travels and the two run in different arcs?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Steering. When I built this, I didn't have a die for bending the bar that is the panhard bar. Now I do... and I need to correct a few things. When I put the Reid racing knuckles on, I put some high steer arms I had. Problem is it destroyed the Ackermann due to their design.... I don't do rocks, so hanging the steering bar in front of the differential isn't as bad a thing as it would be if I lived somewhere where they pound on rocks.

sad things is I've had these parts for years....

gratuitous Corvette shot and work bench

the biggest issue (beside ackerman) is the panhard bar is too short - that I fix next...

I'm not sure why Reid drilled the taper the way they did - had they put the the TREs in upside down, there would be more clearance. I like the ability to lube that joint, so I'm not putting heims in - but if I had a wish, it would be that... ah well, it should be fine

next up is cut out some new brackets for the upper panhard bar mount.... the goal is parallel with the steering cross bar and the same length. For those who wonder what it does as is - don't hold onto the steering wheel when accelerating.... if you do, you'll be in on-coming traffic. Not a huge deal if you know about it, a great anti-theft device if you don't....
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 10, 2022, 11:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    backstory. clock would not keep time, rear signals would be possessed and simply come on. The second reason was the impetus of what's next, but I fixed the other problem as well
    wiring is not something I enjoy

why didn't I add 6" to that loom? smh... lurnin'

and reinstalled... and it works, now to reprogram

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    starting the day with something simple... replacing an alternator

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    what is "some I'll probably never use on my '40"

answer

the 2" die, that is... but cool anyway

what I will use, though, battery tender

in that vein, did a bit of rearranging, didn't need double batteries anymore

I can use them in the Jeep for the new setup, so I went with a single (which I may move to the front and add an accessory tank in the back to help with its abysmal range)

in the jeep

jeep is also useful for teaching dog to jump into a car because it's much shorter

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    to wash the terrible taste of working on my wife's Jeep out of my mouth.... I worked on this a bit too

now it fits, fully assembled

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Time to fix an issue. If you turn the flow off to the heater, the truck will overheat. The fix is a bypass that opens when the heater valve is closed

the lines

installed.... probably should have got the 5/8" line but this worked with a bit of heat

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    and time to start training Luigi to stay in the vehicle until it comes to a complete stop

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I was so afraid I'd have to get rid of Luigi if he didn't match my '40.... thankfully, it's a perfect match

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Late but top off

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    other then leaky, there's nothing wrong with it

so glue it and put it back together.

my plan is still the NV4500, but I have several things that need to be done now and this is drivable and useable. I do need to figure out where I put (for safety) the tuning computer... but outside of that.... time to use it again.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    back to this
    I have no idea what's leaking..... dried it off, hopefully it'll start dripping again tonight

not from the usual seals

I wonder if this was my squeak...

hopefully I can get this apart enough to order parts and get this done... to recap, I'm putting an NV4500 in

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

if you had as great of legs as we do, you'd hang it out there too.

you're welcome
    For My Sammy,
    Getting the Doors off is a Real Chore, But, that "Highway Peg" is so I can be Ready to do a "FOOT PLANT" on the Rock
    you are coming up against, And Push Off, too save those Mall Crawler Chrome Rock Sliders You just Put On......LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X