X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fatguyzinc
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    When I took my car to the drags they made me take the fire extinguisher out of the mount on my rollbar. They said they think they can come unmounted in an accident, and become a projectile. I had to leave it in the pits, which meant if I had a fire I just had to wait for the crew to show up, and hope it could be put out b then.
    sounds about right... who cares if youre trying to be safe?
    the rules say "blah blah" so yep god forbid you have a fire
    maybe you could toast some marshmallows while youre
    waiting foe the safety crew to get there.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

how would you restrain them? everything uses clamps...
    My fire bottle is restrained with a solid clamp and 2 Allen bolts at the point of connection - think a big connecting rod and you pretty much have it. There are 2 of those/bottle. N2O bottles, etc. all have to be restrained in the same way. I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it. Again, I don't know the history behind it but most of these rules are the result of some calamity or other.

Found a pic: I fibbed slightly - there is just one bolt and the circle is split at just that one point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1477.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	1273625

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; July 2, 2020, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    When I took my car to the drags they made me take the fire extinguisher out of the mount on my rollbar. They said they think they can come unmounted in an accident, and become a projectile. I had to leave it in the pits, which meant if I had a fire I just had to wait for the crew to show up, and hope it could be put out b then.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    I like these mounts just fine but in LSR we are specifically prohibited from using hose clamps to restrain any bottles. No clue on the history behind that but I'll wager someone got hit with a fire bottle or some such during an "incident" and they banned it. As a practical matter I'm sure what you have will be more than adequate.

Dan
    how would you restrain them? everything uses clamps...

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I like these mounts just fine but in LSR we are specifically prohibited from using hose clamps to restrain any bottles. No clue on the history behind that but I'll wager someone got hit with a fire bottle or some such during an "incident" and they banned it. As a practical matter I'm sure what you have will be more than adequate.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Looks like WelderSeries stuff. Hmmm.....
    Offroad Anonymous, here to help get you out on the trails 4 wheeling. We have you covered for all your offroad fabrication needs.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    carrying on

and now you know

only had one clamp.. I'll fix that tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Looks like WelderSeries stuff. Hmmm.....

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

Dan

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    so I didn't feel like working on Covet19 tonight.... so I did these.... explanation tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    The injectors arrived yesterday, and I am painting stuff so I figured I'd add these half doors to the pile of stuff to do
    welded braces inside

then finishing the body work... not perfect but adequate....

Leave a comment:

• irsa76
    replied
    Hmm, your LED lights look exactly like the ones I've got, which also leak. Considering how much I payed I'm not overly worried.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Finally went wheeling with the repair/new stuff.
    Foremost, there is no bad day when you're out wheeling with you friends.
    it did get cut short because I had trouble with both the EFI and then at the end transmission... Since this isn't pirate, the build is honest and not perfect.

made the hour plus drive to the trailhead without problems

then this

2 electricians and a computer systems guy... what did we do? reboot by turning the system on and off
    turns out that what I should have done there is turn up the idle screw.... the IAC was overwhelmed - thus it was running like crap HOWEVER, at this point front right injector was on full bore.... I think the reboot did get the injector to behave, but the close way out from here is a 2 mile very steep downhill - and once you're committed there is no tap out.... no motor means no brakes, so we saved that battle for another day.
    The other issue that I haven't diagnosed yet is a howling when going into 2nd from either direction (and only 2nd). It doesn't do it all the time, but the clutch isn't fully disengaging when warm so that solution may fix this...

to be continued.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
    Good Stuff, that feeling when a plan works, it's great!
    after dropping a link on my head, then hurting my wrist from punching the wall (it was laughing at me).... the only feeling I have is a headache.... I'm not a fan of fixing stuff

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	12196280_10153142953420843_5308718516393201769_n[1].jpg
Views:	207
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1265762

Leave a comment:

Working...
X