• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    and it arrived

also fixed the wiper switch... thinking wheeling on Saturday
    It rained! More fun.. Less fire danger. Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    and it arrived

also fixed the wiper switch... thinking wheeling on Saturday

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    DIY tune had a sale today, this is getting a microsquirt. That means I give up on the stock computer. I can't convince myself to toss the new motor and use the LS, and simply buying a new chip seems like a waste of money when a new computer isn't 'that' much more ($175 v. $330).

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I was late taking it off and now early putting it on... ugh

for those who want to know how to install.... first the frame, is easy.... then start at the front

then slide the above-door bits

then the side

then spend the rest of your day pulling the motor from a mouse infested denali

a lift is nice for this stuff

attach chains and pull tomorrow... the reason it's here is I think this is where this motor will eventually end up.... but then again, diesel would be fun too

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    time for a quick fix

my guess is the temp sender is sending the wrong information to the computer.

so I bought another sender and ran the gauge to the new sender (because the wire is long enough) then plugged the computer sender into the now abandoned temp gauge sender
    and it seems to have fixed it. took it for a spin, no sputtering while cold ... crossing fingers but maybe it's finally all working right. Eventually I'll put the sender plug in the head then the gauge plug back - but right that requires some wiring and it's warm so not yet.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    Hoping this works for you!
    I may have to pin it - part of the problem seems to be that the cover has room to rotate. Any time it moves, it could create a leak

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Hoping this works for you!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    so here it was leaking

coming from the hub

which is good and bad - what happened was the bolts backed off again. On a whim, I measured the bolt depth.... the bolts were too long... ah ha, I said. And I fixed it
    then cleaned the wheel and washed it

the end for now

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    hopefully Sunday I can get this to stop leaking (again)

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    the seal is leaking again.... ugh.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    For those who remember back - I traded a trailer for the axles that are under this rig.

there were some who didn't think it was a good deal. They're no longer following along, and since this is going to be a quick build, I'll simply put it here

I finally simply bought new, 3500# axles, all in I'll have $900 in this build - I bought the channel about the time I traded the trailer, that set me back $100 for 7 20' 2x3 channel....
    it's going to be 6x16 - it may actually tilt, to be honest I haven't quite decided. It will have running boards and fenders I can drive over. As I am awash in Jeep wheels (5 on 5), that is what is going on it

and I'm going to build another trailer once this one is done then one more.... when we move, I'm going to move using 20' shipping containers. According to Evergreen, they weigh 5000 lbs dry so this trailer just won't be enough

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    only Buick's ankle. Silly dog was in the Suburban, resting, and somehow managed to sprain an ankle.

We did learn something, though. I have a Smittybilt inclinemeter that gives how much you lean. It's really cute, has a Jeep MB figure on it to indicate pitch and roll. I pegged it in every single direction without ending up on the top. The guy that was driving in one picture came up with a reasonable explanation as to why it'd indicate 'roll' when I didn't, in fact, roll. It's for a Jeep - thus, it's not accurate for FJ40s (aka Foreign Jeeps)... seems plausible to me, so I'm running with it.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Looks like you had a great time....any casualties?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

Fun weekend.... After discussion with a friend who drove the '40 this weekend, we decided that the smittybilt inclinometer doesn't work for '40s. I pegged it in all 4 directions and couldn't roll it. We decided it was designed for Jeeps (because it has a Jeep stick drawing on the gauge), not '40s
    temp driver

Leave a comment:

Working...
X