No announcement yet.

FJ40 I call Shipwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats with all the talk of Pediatric Podiatrist and Pedophiles?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
      I'm liking how that body-flipper is shaping up. Keep us posted on its major details?

we'll get right back on it after we discuss with Joe about his love of vans. feet and furries.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• ...his love of vans. feet and furries.
        Oh boy, now we round the corner to the really weird part of the internet.

Comment

• You mean....
          Join the official CCR email list: http://found.ee/CCR_NewsletterMusic video by Creedence Clearwater Revival performing Lookin' Out My Back Door. (C) 2009 Con...

Comment

• I was just wondering about the size in case Arron has to roll the tub outside for other work in the shop...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• no one has ever complained about my size before.... just sayin'

Comment

• ain't touching that one...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• back to the rotisserie

went to my 'local' wrecking yard today and got two things that wouldn't work
                  first was this

the google rumor was there was interchange on the ac pump pulley... there wasn't, but there is an option - buy one from a big-rig so it's on order

the other bit was a cable I didn't have .... and don't need.... dang it - but now I realize I need to buy a different distributor... ugh

simple, yet not elegant at all

Comment

• hole filling

if you look carefully, you'll see I got hole-fill-happy and filled two too many holes (brake booster).... ah well I still need to deal with the divot so I'll solve that issue as the same time

more colander holes

Comment

• Silly SBG! Sounds like something I'd do.

Dan

Comment

• I like your rotisserie. Is it just spinning on the blocks of wood? Do you have some way to lock it on position?
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

• at this moment, it's two motorcycle straps that hold it in position
                          yes, spins on wood - I figured it'd be easier to adjust the height eventually it will have some kind of raise/lower device.... just not yet

Comment

• Cool, it is hard to tell from the pictures what the straps are tied to. It looks like it goes from the top side to the frame. If that is the case I would suggest you tie the low side to the frame.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• woohoo, body work

yep, doing the seams inside as well, but more as camo since the interior is getting bedlined

as is the firewall

onto the metal work on the tub

Comment

• While getting a cushy job like Brian and simply writing for a living sounds like a great way to live - there's one issue that I'll never get over. I have deadlines at work, updating my thread each day? no need, there are no expectations. So while having a dump truck...errr... tow truck (does he still have that?)... or a white breadbox would be cool; I'll take the leisure lifestyle of blog updates when I'm good and ready to do so.... eat your heart out Brian ;)

Plus, it's not like you guys want to see this - there are so many other more enjoyable threads out there then me throwing parts at some damn import.

Anyway, now we're to the stage of the project where it really doesn't look like much is happening because all that's really happening is bodywork (which may explain my mood).

last light installed

got parts today

they even work - hallelujah

mud

lots of mud

oh well, it'll be purdy when it's done...

Comment

Working...
                                X