• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    lol my life is one constant distraction
    It's her job!

Comment

• yes, but that mistress is the subject of this thread.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Jealousy?

Comment

• Been distracted with other things but got a few things done on this

got the sheet metal on, ish

Just a bit short on one end

the finished(ish) product

so time to see compression and such stuff

looks like this fender fits

I really need to get on bolting the spring in because it's pretty annoying to watch it roll across the floor whenever I lift up the vehicle

flex... more importantly, tire clears fender

and last thing tonight was assemble the Nitro gears custom axles....

Comment

• Damn that's slick...er...sick... you know what I mean!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• There ain't gonna be nowhere this fails to go...
              When in doubt, nail it is not great words to live by when you can flex like a yoga master!

Comment

• good gravy I'm irritated.
                I figured tonight I'd do a fairly easy job... a bit of work leveling the fender (that was easy).. then the "easy" job of lubing bearings, installing seals, installing the axle shafts....

so I got to here

yay, end in sight... NOT

why won't the hub go on?

on the old axle, this is how it's supposed to fit

it slides over the end to give strength to the hub

but wait, it doesn't fit over the 30 spline new hubs

new hub on right, old hub on left (both milemarker premium hubs)

they're the same... however, it's a 30 spline new shaft (same as GM dana 44s) - yet it looks like someone put the ford hubs in a box with the chevy inners.... oh good grief.

I'm not throwing the supplier under the bus yet - but they are dangerously close to getting an "avoid them at all cost" rating.

Comment

• Just a info post... these are the u-joints in the front axle

no needle bearing, lifetime warranty against breakage... not cheap, but blow up a u-joint and the money you'll pay to fix the axles will more than cover what it costs for these u-joints. they're fairly new, so it should be interesting to see how they do. Most who use this are rock-bouncer types - I'm more "drive it to the mountains at 70 mph" - so I'm curious to see how they do in that kind of abuse.... fortunately, lifetime warranty ;)

Comment

• Huh? You don'y finasee over obstacles...
                    Never figured you for a jumper!

Comment

• 14" of travel and I'm going to finesse?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        Just a info post... these are the u-joints in the front axle

no needle bearing, lifetime warranty against breakage... not cheap, but blow up a u-joint and the money you'll pay to fix the axles will more than cover what it costs for these u-joints. they're fairly new, so it should be interesting to see how they do. Most who use this are rock-bouncer types - I'm more "drive it to the mountains at 70 mph" - so I'm curious to see how they do in that kind of abuse.... fortunately, lifetime warranty ;)
                        I was reading about these. Very interesting concept. As long as the hubs get unlocked before the long road driving there can't be much of a problem. And they grease on each point of the cross, neat. What are the holes on the sides of the cross center for?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• the holes are for grease, they have a V shape reservoir between those crosses.

So I ordered the paint, single-stage urethane buckskin flat. I'll paint the entire vehicle flat, put matte paint over it to protect it, and clear over the dash...

Comment

• plugging holes
                            in addition to getting the front end together in a more permanent fashion, I worked on a fender

thanks for the plugs, dad

all plugged

brace goes here

cut, and coped

and welded

that's all folks... g'nite

Comment

• There are days that really irritate me, this is one of them

Chad posts this
                              http://​bangshift.com/bangshiftxl/bangshiftxl-online-find/bitchin-hard-core-lifted-k5-blazer-on-42-5-inch-boggers/

yet utterly ignores stuff like my build.... nothing like getting a big phuck off from the management. That Blazer is a POS and nothing special at all - but it underscores that there are some people here they'd rather not have here. I hear you all loud and clear.

This coming on the heels of being offered to be paid to post elsewhere with the fine print that reads "may not post this content on other sites."

Chad, I'm still right about the exhaust and you were a jerk for writing what you did about bicyclists... ban me, I couldn't care less.
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 10, 2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• I for one want you to stay here.
                                I click on your stuff every day..
                                Chad's. Not so much.. What turns him on does not excite me..
                                I hang out here more than any other section..it will be a big loss if you do leave
                                You know as well as I do that Chad and Brian only check on here when somebody gets butt hurt and complains..

Comment

Working...
                                X