• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    Perhaps not, stay tuned.

Comment

• Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
      Blazer link still works... http://bangshift.com/bangshiftxl/ban...-inch-boggers/

I'm sorry you feel this way Aaron, I really enjoy your threads, and I can't blame you if you bailed. I stopped updating my dunebuggy thread for these reasons. I have numerous hours of photos, hard work, and writing invested into a thread that no one seems to give a shit about. If BS wants to blog about a dunebuggy they'd simply find one for sale on craigslist or ebay to talk up. That's the easiest way to do it right? Evidently us groundling forum members and our projects is just wallpaper to these guys.

I know Brian and Chad worked hard to get BS where it is, but their presence on the forums is nil these days. Brian's busy playing announcer, and Chad, well he's just Chad..
      I miss the days when those guys interacted here regularly. Those days are gone it seems. Need to keep in touch with yourself Bangshift...

I agree .... I think that the powers that be need to stay in tune with their contributors and followers more than write lead stories about CL finds... There is a thread for CL finds and unless it is truly spectacular.. it doesnt deserve ink ...er... space on the lead of the forum///
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Message deleted, just some random politics.
        Last edited by Loren; September 12, 2015, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Loren, I value your input GREATLY. Please don't hesitate to add your $0.02 - you always have something to say that's meaningful.

And yes, I do miss Chad and especially Brian's input on here. I know Brian personally (he and the FIL have been to our house and we've hung out a bit) and he's a good guy though I know his cup runeth over. Let's see where this goes.

Dan

Comment

• I appreciate the thoughts, but I think you're really over-thinking this.

If you want people to read your magazine/blog/whatever, you don't post some lame-everybody's-done-it vehicle as your cover vehicle. If you really want people to come in and give you those important "click-throughs" you feature examples of what is inside. As a forum website, you get bonus points if, when the click through, they buy some product featured on a build and in the "why did you choose us" section of the incessant "what do you think" emails you get as punishment for buying from them. When you say "I bought because I saw some regular joe use that part successfully on Bangshift.com" angels rejoice, Brian says "HA, look at us, we're MAKING YOUR BUSINESS SUCCESSFUL".... err.. actually that''s HRM, but Brian, in a tasteful and elegant manner will tell them those same things when he tells them his rates are going up.... and we read how he finally can afford a 2 door Caprice....

Just that simple. I don't care whether or not my vehicles ever land on the front - and I'll underscore that with this - those who complain do not get favors... it's just that simple, thus, I knew I was already in the dog house with one of the powers-that-be so I have nothing to lose. My votes for project cars on the front include Dan's LSR S10 as the first edition, Ethyl, 55 Wagon, BBR's Mustang, Duesenburg thread, Squirrels cars (all of them), ProStreet hot rod, and last, but not least BigAl's Chevy pickup - that thing is a beast and will land on the cover of magazines... all of which highlight the talent and depth of knowledge here... and that's the other thing, whatever they think Alex shouldn't cloud their judgment as to what will draw people onto the site.

I can do pretty welds, but I don't do pretty welds because I want the welds to hold. And about those pretty welds, those are more a function of the machine being used then the operator....
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 12, 2015, 05:29 PM.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              My votes for project cars on the front include Dan's LSR S10 as the first edition, Ethyl, 55 Wagon, BBR's Mustang, Duesenburg thread, Squirrels cars (all of them), ProStreet hot rod, and last, but not least BigAl's Chevy pickup - that thing is a beast and will land on the cover of magazines...
              I like your list and don't quite understand why it does not make sense for the BangShift main page to showcase these. You missed Randal and Scott's stuff though, and I'll admit to hoping my 66 Mustang would be on that type of list.

Also: The ink on the V12 BMW confused the heck out of me. The original poster had only one post (April 2014) in the thread and only 6 posts total on the forum and the V12 in the engine bay pic (July 2015) came from a different user in another country.

Thread: http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...635csi-5-0-v12

Story: http://bangshift.com/general-news/pr...uve-ever-seen/

Certainly an interesting concept and it would be very cool to see a detailed build on it. Unfortunately, that's not what we got or are likely to get.

I hesitated to post this (about the BMW) because I rarely visit the front page, but this is perhaps one of the reasons why. I hope that the preceding will be taken as constructive criticism as that is my intent. I certainly enjoy it here and appreciate what the owners have provided for us.
              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
              79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• the list wasn't meant to be comprehensive by any means... Scott and Randals cars have been featured - not Scott's truck, but his cars have been featured here an in HRM (CC for Randal) - not saying they shouldn't get more print, just they have hit the big time and are now HR gods.
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 12, 2015, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• We could mobilize a campaign of your build thread in the "Submit Content" area. I've had 3 different things from my craigslist trollings posted.

Another point to make is Chadflunky and Braub both have the "Submit Content" army on their side. Even though they put the words in the article and make statement like it's the best thing yet... most likely someone else send them a link or something suggesting the content.

Keep up the good work and Nitro Axles is now on my list for double splined shafts for my Riviera build if I ever get around to building the rear end...
                  Central TEXAS Sleeper
                  USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• I trust that what's promised will come - so I'll keep posting. To catch you all up

I had my MiL here this weekend, and if anything is true this is - never have a pile of parts if you can have a car that looks complete. No joke, if I had a Bugatti in pieces in my shop she'd tell the world that I was running a chop shop (which would be true if it were a Bugatti since I can't afford that stuff on my Toyota budget)

so some smoke and mirrors

she made the appropriate noises, so I think all is good (unless she reads this blog, then ... oh wait, I still won't care but my wife may have an issue)

Comment

• Today I played hooky from the shop and went wheeling - so not much got done... just these things got worked on

and then I leaned the radiator to mimic the tilt of the motor...

next up is a shroud

Comment

...I stopped updating my dunebuggy thread for these reasons. I have numerous hours of photos, hard work, and writing invested into a thread that no one seems to give a shit about. ...
                        well that just sucks. I'm a "no one"... I've been called a lot of things, but that hasn't been one of them. Right up until now.

I stopped updating my threads because there's nothing exciting about cleaning out dad's garage... except the Suzuki Trailhopper 50 and '67 Beetle I found in there this weekend.

Bryan was posting project cars from the forum on the front page for a while and then it kind of stopped. I'd like to see that again myself.

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                          well that just sucks. I'm a "no one"... I've been called a lot of things, but that hasn't been one of them. Right up until now.
                          Aside from you and a few others nobody gives a shit Beegs.
                          I'll let you know how it turns out, it won't be on here though.
                          I'm finished posting projects here, not that anyone cares...

I'm glad to see Aaron's back on task again.

Comment

• 174 responses

That's plenty of interest I'd have thought...

Comment

Aside from you and a few others nobody gives a shit Beegs.
                              I'll let you know how it turns out, it won't be on here though.
                              I'm finished posting projects here, not that anyone cares...

I'm glad to see Aaron's back on task again.
                              You got my email, Eric....

Comment

• Same here Eric, I'll follow along where ever it ends up.
                                Last edited by STINEY; September 14, 2015, 07:42 AM.
                                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X