Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
    174 responses

That's plenty of interest I'd have thought...
    This number would undoubtedly be MUCH MUCH higher if the forum software were ever fixed.

I search daily using the LATEST POSTS button, and the ACTIVITY STREAM button. And rarely do the updates to this (or many other project threads) show up there.

Now I know SBG has done something, so I dig up the thread manually by going to the Forums, then Project Cars Update, then looking for the FJ40 one.

This lost forum functionality has been officially mentioned SEVERAL times for the record. Apparently not a concern?

I garuan-damn-tee it is affecting site visitation numbers. Why as a site owner would you NOT be concerned with that? Unless the money was already so good it doesn't matter.......that is all I can come up with.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• And on topic, interesting MIL situation, and nice solution. The plastic on the seats is a great visual ploy, will have to steal that one.

Mine seems to encounter a deterring force field to anything more than 20' away from the house. Not all bad, except she doesn't understand why anyone else would ever leave the house either, at least without there being a restaurant or shopping involved?

Fenders look great!
      Last edited by STINEY; September 14, 2015, 07:49 AM.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
        This number would undoubtedly be MUCH MUCH higher if the forum software were ever fixed.

I search daily using the LATEST POSTS button, and the ACTIVITY STREAM button. And rarely do the updates to this (or many other project threads) show up there.

Now I know SBG has done something, so I dig up the thread manually by going to the Forums, then Project Cars Update, then looking for the FJ40 one.

This lost forum functionality has been officially mentioned SEVERAL times for the record. Apparently not a concern?

I garuan-damn-tee it is affecting site visitation numbers. Why as a site owner would you NOT be concerned with that? Unless the money was already so good it doesn't matter.......that is all I can come up with.
        Exactly, I'd say maybe 10,000 of those views are organic, the rest is software and bot related.
        Running a forum ain't easy, I ran one for 8yrs, it's hard work. It's even harder when there's no forum owner interaction.

Loren's reply made me look at the buggy thread, and it looks like I have some email addys to gather up for that 'finished product' email.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          Same here Eric, I'll follow along where ever it ends up.
          NO SHIT, I caused a fire storm of hate over how many times a day I could vote for his car when he was in a contest a couple years ago.

I may not leave any other traces in this thread but I visit often, fwiw.
          Last edited by 68scott385; September 14, 2015, 10:51 AM.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

Exactly, I'd say maybe 10,000 of those views are organic, the rest is software and bot related.
            Running a forum ain't easy, I ran one for 8yrs, it's hard work. It's even harder when there's no forum owner interaction.

Loren's reply made me look at the buggy thread, and it looks like I have some email addys to gather up for that 'finished product' email.
            While buggies are not my "thing" I do think they are cool.

Most of the time I don't comment because I have nothing add for the good of the build or the group . And I think post that don't help hurt. I do recognize the feeling no one cares and I am pretty sure it's true about my threads about my DDs. I do think some follow my mustang stuff I need work on it more and do better about taking pictures. Most of the year they have been Pro jack stand, Pro field, and Pro dusty garage.

All that if you post in general I more than likely missed it.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              I trust that what's promised will come - so I'll keep posting. To catch you all up

I had my MiL here this weekend, and if anything is true this is - never have a pile of parts if you can have a car that looks complete. No joke, if I had a Bugatti in pieces in my shop she'd tell the world that I was running a chop shop (which would be true if it were a Bugatti since I can't afford that stuff on my Toyota budget)

so some smoke and mirrors

she made the appropriate noises, so I think all is good (unless she reads this blog, then ... oh wait, I still won't care but my wife may have an issue)
              Pretty friggin cool for just smoke and mirrors!!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• When you've rode in lots of Heeps, then Land Cruisers, and drive stock LC's... You apprecite them.. Mine and a buddy's 2 were "go everydamnwhere" rigs.. Then this has that sexy body... Ooooh! And is built better than stock grab the smelling salts, I got the vapors! .
                Of all the 4X4's I've had and still have, the Land Cruiser was the best! Didn't haul for crap, but pulled a long narrow bed 50's GMC trailer full of firewood up and down some gnarly roads or trails.. They simply do the job!

Comment

• that and bigger guys can actually get in them, right Bob?

tonight was go backward, I guess... oh well, now is the time to fix this - not be embarrassed by it later

The transfer case is leaking - I guess "blind bolt" to Jeep doesn't, actually mean, separate from the fluid.... so it was leaking out the bolt... and from that cute cast pan. So I pulled it apart

but first, a congratulations - the locking hubs fit.... a bit tight, but they work and I'm glad that saga is done.

so there is A drop on the floor... schmucking gall darn it.

and apart it comes

and then problem 2 arose.... I thought, when I put it together last time that it didn't seem the male shaft was long enough for the female hole.... I measured it, and I was right... it's just a bit too short

that's a problem, though, I need at least 1/4" but it seems the best way to do this would be to take the adapter completely apart and re-fit it. Have I mentioned there are times when it would be really nice to have a lathe (again)?

schmuckity schmuck schmuck schmuck ah well, I know people so I can do this.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Yep! With a fake hip on one side, bum knee on the other and size 12 feet... Land Cruisers are the way to go!

Comment

• A better mousetrap for the oversized operator!! worn out back, knees, ankles, and 13s to boot...(literally)
                      Last edited by silver_bullet; September 15, 2015, 05:01 PM.
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• in the end, I simply cut it apart and pressed it back together a bit narrower

I shouldn't show this since I don't know how to weld (heh)

commercial break... the color flat olive/brown

and finally getting to the driveshaft hoop/divot to allow full drop

now that the paint's dry

you can tell I narrowed it because it's now black ;)

and it looks like I need to take just a bit out of this cross member

this actually is a red letter moment... for the first time since I owned the vehicle there is a direct connection from the crank to the front axle

Comment

• You ever get the e-brake sorted? Using the rotor on the output flange?

Comment

• Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                            You ever get the e-brake sorted? Using the rotor on the output flange?
                            I have a plan, just haven't worked it yet...

Comment

• Dana 300s

where the trans adapter mounts - those look like blind bolts... they aren't, you must use thread sealant on those bolts.

Comment

• Time to make more holes

hole made

welded

time to figure out how much of a divot I need in the cross member...

not much, actually

then I spent some quality time stabbing myself with stainless straps... err... wrapping headers

Comment

Working...
                                X