• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe flip that top plate down?

Comment

• what plate?
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• How about something like this? Behind the tire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sbg.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	1111414
        Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
        79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• the lift mechanism blocks the reverse light in that position, thanks though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            the lift mechanism blocks the reverse light in that position, thanks though.
            Can you store it with the lift mechanism up a little bit to clear the light?
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• it'd hit the roof.... which it may in its current position as well. it may end up on the running board....

Comment

• Well that's the end of my bright ideas. Been enjoying the build. Keep up the good work.
                74 Nova Project
                66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  what plate?
                  Bolted to the top of the jack mast.. I don't reccomens removing it as it stops you from jacking too far..

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
                    Well that's the end of my bright ideas. Been enjoying the build. Keep up the good work.

you certainly understand the dilemma

Comment

• Mount it to the cowl.
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Maybe skip the jack and get one of those air bag thingies that you pump up with the exhaust?

Hey, wadda I know?

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                          Mount it to the cowl.
                          And dent/scratch the bodywork when your muddy feet slip?
                          If you don't use your Hi-Lift, you ain't really wheelin!

Comment

• I'd mount to down low to the left rear swing-out where the jack beam ran along the swing-out arms behind/below the spare tire. And if it didn't fit, I would make it fit because that is where it needs to be. lol

Mounting it mid-chest height is just asking to bash your head into it. But that's just me. Carry on.
                            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                              Mount it to the cowl.
                              I could, but then it'd look like a Jeep - but really, ever try to get a jack off the cowl? works great when the cowl isn't 5 1/2 feet off the ground.... also makes the window impossible to fold down... other than that.... good thinking

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                              Maybe skip the jack and get one of those air bag thingies that you pump up with the exhaust?

Hey, wadda I know?

Dan
                              I do have an ARB lift bag, its issue is it takes a huge amount of space.... it's about a 3 foot diameter bag.... the other issue with the lift bag is they roll when fully inflated - also they can pop, which makes it less something to rely on.... that said, they work awesome in the sand

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

And dent/scratch the bodywork when your muddy feet slip?
                              If you don't use your Hi-Lift, you ain't really wheelin!
                              I guess I've not really wheeled because the hi lift jack on top of my H3 has never lifted a vehicle.....

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                              I'd mount to down low to the left rear swing-out where the jack beam ran along the swing-out arms behind/below the spare tire. And if it didn't fit, I would make it fit because that is where it needs to be. lol

Mounting it mid-chest height is just asking to bash your head into it. But that's just me. Carry on.
                              sometimes it's tough to get perspective from the pictures I post - the jack is at least 5 feet off the ground and red.

The benefit of the running board is it gives passengers one more point to grab to get into the vehicle... I hate these decisions - but all great ideas. Thanks!

Comment

• Suppose you don't plan to get stuck...
                                On the truck, I have a single stud/nut holding mine up on the backboard.
                                Hard to do on a FJ... Space is at a premium..

Comment

Working...
                                X