FJ4overland aka Shipwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post

not trolling - I'm trying to help. Your problem seems to be transient, moves around.. computer junk usually dies immediately or lasts for a long time. It seems like something is changing in your environment because things work, then don't work, then work. Like I said, no worries, I'm just throwing ideas out for thought. It wouldn't be any effort on my part to stop.
    for clarity - you hit "troll" when you bold faced a statement then claimed you were saving it for posterity. Suggestions are great, but you crossed the line.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• it's running again.. but still not right, the IAC opens wide open when warm.... but at least it runs

tomorrow I'll call and get them to send more parts... ah well, the IAC replacement is easy and under warranty

Comment

• Did FiTech tell you what they fixed?
        Last edited by 65RHDEER; August 30, 2020, 11:31 PM.
        Tim
        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• new computer

Comment

• *sigh* found it, someone should mention to the warranty dept. at FiTech to plug ALL the things in. IAC was unplugged... works great now.

Comment

• In other news, I am tired of my rattlely mirror

the stock mirror had an issue

replaced it with a utv mirror that attaches to the cage

Comment

• Someone once gave me grief about wheeling in my yard.... it's a good yard, and while I work on it, I keep having to remove rocks... eventually the entire island will be a rock garden with rocks I've pulled out while fixing my yard

and the corner... I keep putting rocks there because the delivery guys just can't drive 2 extra feet before turning and it creates a huge hole at that corner... now it creates huge scratches and dents :D
                STINEY, hauen and 2 others like this.

Comment

• I know the feeling! Added 6 feet to the width of my driveway so I can back trailers out. Few days after fixing it, school super's wife backed a brand new Blazer in the ditch.. I never shifted an auto transfer case before, she wanted me to unhook trailer and pull her out. Naaah. Switch in 4by and jumps out.."My husband will never know, will he?". Nope lady, unless you tell him. Garbage truck turned around in neighbor's driveway. Wider than mine, MISSED IT! Took 2 huge wreckers to pull him out... I laughed too hard!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    I know the feeling! Added 6 feet to the width of my driveway so I can back trailers out. Few days after fixing it, school super's wife backed a brand new Blazer in the ditch.. I never shifted an auto transfer case before, she wanted me to unhook trailer and pull her out. Naaah. Switch in 4by and jumps out.."My husband will never know, will he?". Nope lady, unless you tell him. Garbage truck turned around in neighbor's driveway. Wider than mine, MISSED IT! Took 2 huge wreckers to pull him out... I laughed too hard!
                    Two words: "situational awareness".

Dan

Comment

• a cop hit those rocks, asked him if he was okay... he said "yes"... I said "did those rocks jump out in front of you?" .... he turned red and left.....
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 3, 2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• ready for prime time

Comment

• supposed to get an early storm this coming weekend.... fires to winter.... yep, it's 2020 - at least it now has its winter clothes on

Comment

• I've owned this 6 years, tomorrow. thinking its next upgrade will be diesel and (sadly) an automatic.... too many years racing and biking and my knee is saying 'enough'... it'll be a bit, but that is the next goal.... likely it will be a 6.5 turbo diesel but who knows, if a 2.8 cummins fell from the sky; I'd love that right in there too.... but at this point 7k for a 2.8 Cummins vs. maybe 4k in the Detroit diesel and there we go. (not just that but I have a 6.5 and manifolds....

Comment

• Are you staying clear of the smoke up there? We've been "fogged in" the last week with heavy smoke. I finally got outside all day yesterday to do a few repairs. It was still smoky, but I just couldn't stay indoors any longer!

Comment

• we were fine until Saturday, now it's varying levels of smoke and fog... right now it's very lightly raining

Comment

Working...
                                X