FJ40 I call Shipwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

With that said, didn't you get a CJ7 with a Harley when you purchased a complete volleyball set from AMF?

yep, SBG is in a mood today
    Doesn't that also come with a matching bowling ball and a coupon for one free game??
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
      Doesn't that also come with a matching bowling ball and a coupon for one free game??

well, they had to give them something that was valuable.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• hack hack hack.... a bit more grinding and it will be done...

Comment

• A thing of beauty...gurgle... Where did you say that bandsaw was, I just bought 100' of half-inch 6 tpi blade which just zips through that stuff and is sooo neat...I'll weld you up one if you want...

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
            A thing of beauty...gurgle... Where did you say that bandsaw was, I just bought 100' of half-inch 6 tpi blade which just zips through that stuff and is sooo neat...I'll weld you up one if you want...

my tools match my skills - it's a converted wood saw with a 64 1/2" blade, but (iirc) the blade is 3/8" - it actually works pretty well... plus, once this thing is out in the mud, who will see it?

Comment

• Looking Great!
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• If anyone is interested.... I took advantage of the Chassis unlimited 20% off today, and got a coupon for 10% off... I've no use for it, but if anyone doesn't do the cybermonday deal; this coupon voids in 7 days Your coupon code is valid on Chassis Unlimited products only. newsletter-BWBXKLYS-CU

they said share, so consider this sharing
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 1, 2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• You're killing me here Smalls......killing me.... cyber-monday deals, extra coupons....must resist spending.....
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• so, it's been two days since I last updated this thread and nothing but a whole lot of dust has been happening... why, again, did I sell my lathe? oh yeah, cause it was a paperweight
                    I got the DOM pipe today, and did a bit of grinding on it

the easy end was done
                    cut it down, and started on the other end

of course, I used my CNC grinder to turn it down

hey, look at that

and that

and a bit of this

and this too

for the sharp eyed and the trolls, they'll notice the transfer case is hitting the floor... so yes, there will be a moving up of the floorboard to get the transfer case above the bottom of the frame rails... so tomorrow, hopefully, I can accomplish that and a rear cross member... then I'm kind of stuck until I get the axles. I don't want to build the headers the rebuild them when a suspension bit interferes... but as many know, I've more projects than life expectancy - so I may drag the effing Land Rover in and fix that transmission leak - then see if I can make some diesel noise with it since it basically should run once I finish the cooling system.

Comment

• HAMMERTIME!!!!
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• didn't do anything with the '40 last night, so Buick used it as a dog house

I spent some quality time working on my brake - now I got the parts off, but I really need to evaluate what I should do with this brake before I fix the screw. I love mechanical brakes, but if I change this to hydraulic; 1) it'd be sellable (which I can't imagine doing) because mechanical brakes are high-risk to insure for a business, and 2) hydraulics are a lot more adjustable... I have some of the bits to do it.... anyway, for now, I'll just use the jack under one end - hooky, but it will work.

a very expensive press

now an anchor

and a lift

Comment

• christmas party got in the way of any real progress... but I did a bit

and now we know why I didn't make the motor mounts solid yet... they need to come down about 4"... I swear I should make a flip front end to make it easier to work on... but I'm not going to, but it'd be a good idea if I did it.

I also got some more random bits

Comment

• Saw one with the flip front.. Hood stayed in stock location.. Not sure how he kept it up, but the fenders tipped out of the way .. That was in Foster Resv.

Comment

• Moving the motor down

sheet of tabs

trans mount

and yes, there will be some form of bushing there... probably left over sway bar ends...

Comment

• I wouldn't bother posting this, but this seal was a b***h to find...

I probably will put the clutch in when I put this back together, not so much that I won't have opportunity when I blow this apart to paint it; but because I need the space.

Comment

Working...
                                X