X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I am SO glad I don't live in that! My internal thermostat is set to about 79 degrees F.
    well, I'm not such a good looking guy - like you are - so I need all the layers I can get so that the ladies find me attractive. I've heard tell that ME, when she first saw you, swooned.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    for SEMA pic
    I am SO glad I don't live in that! My internal thermostat is set to about 79 degrees F.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    I heard rumors that that stuff started already !!!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    for SEMA pic

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    I have confidence in your abilities to get this screwed up more !
    There, fixed it

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

Try industrial electrical supply sources.... Grainger likes their stuff tho... A LOT....

Del City offers 150+ battery cable ends and cable lugs for your battery application. A battery crimping tool or battery cable crimper completes your connection!

https://www.delcity.net/store/Non!In...01870.h_801871
    I've used Del City, too, mostly for clear shrink wrap for wire identification. Can't buy it locally. Customer service has been great so far.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    I have confidence in your abilities to get this figured out !

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    doors on

then pull the steering box.... fudgelsticks... well, what I said did start with an f
    I thought I might be missing a bearing. maybe? but somehow a bearing got jammed on the worm gear and carnage ensued

the inside of the other bit doesn't look any better.... but at least I got the holes bored correctly.... winning? yeah, no
    I also got the 6" assist. This is a lot better... of course, without a steering box, it ain't much good

so at some point in the near future, I'm going to have to deep dive interchangeability of parts. maybe I'll get lucky (nope) and the hydraulic bit interchanges with something else.
    Learnin'

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied

hardest part was finding copper crimps...
    Try industrial electrical supply sources.... Grainger likes their stuff tho... A LOT....

Del City offers 150+ battery cable ends and cable lugs for your battery application. A battery crimping tool or battery cable crimper completes your connection!

Non-insulated butt connectors with brazed barrel available in different sizes. Non-insulated are best suited when special performance or installation characteristics are not needed.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Those are KOOL crimpers for larger gauge lugs
    hardest part was finding copper crimps...

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    In other news, this is progressing
    Those are KOOL crimpers for larger gauge lugs

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    In other news, this is progressing

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    drove it, that was interesting

I knew the travel on the cross shaft was 6" but, according to the trailgear website, dana 44 needed 8" travel. It trumped my thought....

nope, needed the 6" one. With that said, I may have just decided to put this ram on my Blazer so it's a no harm no foul (and was what got me to order the 8" one)
    ah well, the new one will be here next week I'm sure... by then I should be deep in the welder

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    upgrade complete... even works

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    well... game on

mental note again... this pan leaks

pilot holes drilled... there are blank space so maybe it's right

then drilled and tapped twice (first with a taper tap and then with a bottom tap)

aforementioned homemade bottom tap

so fun fact, there are supposed to be 2 sizes of balls here... there aren't... but before I measured I spent a minute trying to determine a visual difference

success?

it even turns

so here's the deal, a complete system is about $2500. That includes a new steering gear. Of course, that isn't a Scout 2 gear - that adds at least another thousand (presuming you can find one that is rebuildable).... so $3500 for a basic system without pump. I have about $425 in this. Was it worth the fear? hopefully.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X