No announcement yet.

FJ40 I call Shipwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last pic looks the easiest to get in and out of, but looks like it doesn't to very much to tie the roll bar together. Is there going to be a halo bar around the top? Oh wait, I see it. Yeah, option 3 looks great.
    Rock on.

Comment

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• If we're voting, I like #3 as well. Neat build!
        Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
        79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
          I doubt that there will be many(if any) tailgaters when this is in it's intended environment...

the irony is you're wrong. I've never been rear ended on the street, yet I've had several people slide into the back of me on a trail... I'm thinking I'll cure that this time with spikey horns on the back, that way they get impaled and don't do it twice.... of course, upon thinking about it, that probably wouldn't work either because they'd run into me again when I've got them on a tow rope... there really is no fixing stupid.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• no, but if you remove the government mandated safety warning decals, you stand a fair chance of killing it!!(stupid that is)
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• so I didn't get squat done tonight.... but I'm a post-whore so here it goes

I did put a kink in a tube

and a tube for the seats to mount to

that's it

Comment

• Keep on "Post Whoring" I like it!
                Tim
                Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• as far as the way to keep from getting rear ended, people don't seem to want to get too close to the class V receiver hitch with the drop mount and 2 5/16 ball... but my shins don't like it much either....
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Patric - I've done both! But after getting rear-ended twice in the past couple of months I'm leaving mine in place for a while to protect my new rear bumper. If they DO hit me they'll pay the price!

Dan

Comment

• so I had to work on my H3 today, but, as is my custom, I always do something to keep moving forward on my main project
                      the passenger seat, with the gas tank under it, determines the seat height of the driver's side so that was my focus tonight

narrowed the old, stock bracket

now to make mounts to solid mount it

Comment

• well, one side down...

Comment

• been a couple days, next one won't be until next week.... anyway
                          it was the classic, start, stop
                          I started looking to weld the mounts on the rear axle... missing one piece, so I spent time straightening up... ugh, I need a shop maid. Didn't find the bits, but I did come up with a clever way of doing the rear springs.... no pictures because I didn't work on that tonight

so then I started working on setting up the rear end

got the gear off, then got stopped because the bearings simply didn't look right - so I ordered new ones that will be here tomorrow

the first project 2 nights ago was the seat frames.... passenger side looks good, and I started mocking up the driver's side.... I dunno, I don't like the non-similar radii. That said, I'm not buying a die or bender simply for these bends so I might have to get creative with the pie cuts. The counter-balance is no one but me will see them... and that top, flat bit... is exactly the right length

anyway, I'm going out to the wilderness to break stuff.... ttfn

Comment

• Have fun!
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Find / make something out of wood or metal that is the right radi heat until red then rap around. it not rocket surgery
                              Last edited by Russell; June 26, 2015, 07:07 AM.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

• it's gonna be hidden by the seat, but hey, I recognize that shape!

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X