No announcement yet.

FJ40 I call Shipwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna bookmark those and study them later..
    I had a blow off valve and it would build pressure then blow off way down too low..
    I want to put a pressure switch so it turns off at the pressure I want and not keep pumping..
    A nicely done system is the bee's knees! A half assed one isvery agravating to use, especially when you can't hear it blow off!

Comment

• back to the back
      originally, I thought I'd move the lights to the ends - but the more I thought about it the more that seemed kind of silly. Not only would they be more exposed from collisions but they'd build up dirt and mud behind them....
      so this is what I decided

I'll still have my jacking points and protection on the corners - but without fear of crushing the lights

like so

and yes, that's 5 potential tow-points on the rear.... though really it's two anchor points and 3 tow points with 2 places to attach tow chains though I seriously doubt this is ever going to tow a trailer with it, I am planning on building an overland trailer that's either a RTT or super-sized tear drop....
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 5, 2015, 10:00 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Overland trailers are super cool. A home made trailer behind a home built FJ would be pure awesomeness.

Comment

• mount the lights

bedline the bottom of the fenders

good lord, there are some who think I can't weld... I wish any one of them had been here to try to get these pads off

new pads

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            good lord, there are some who think...
            That's not what I said...look at this: Pretty, strength not questioned.

Comment

• Your welds are WAY better than mine (though that's not much of an endorsement).

Weld on!

Dan

Comment

• time to coat fenders... which I got to do twice because the "new" duplicolor bedliner is crap...

notice the nice "wet" look? it was wet, 4 hours later

anyway, wiped off and recoated with the old duplicolor - which works pretty well.... good thing they improved it

back to the rear sway bar (read, only sway bar)

didn't like the lower bolt hanging down so did a bit of mod

now it'll just knock the bolt head off rather then hanging it up on the spacer

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	very-interesting-1.jpg?w=535&h=401.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1062548 ...
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• didn't get much done today, but I did get the rear diff painted

Comment

• AWWW MANNN...WHYYY ??? now it's too purty to go mudding!

Comment

• Glad to see the recognition on the front page the other day... I too would agree that it was about time!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          Whoa, whoa, whoa........what's with all the space in the shop? Isn't there supposed to be a Fiat camped out in that corner?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I have a shop monitor?

never fear, the Fiat is behind the cameraman.

Comment

• Whew......glad to hear it, was starting an anxiety spell.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• though I admit that if someone fell in love with it enough to buy it, it'd be out the door....

Comment

Working...
                                X