No announcement yet.

FJ40 I call Shipwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks like it is really coming together!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Drove it today, more leaks to address....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Bubble gum it... Naaah. Your patience.. Whew!.. I'd be driving it by now and it'll look like schitz

Comment

• I need to install the breather tubes.... it was the genesis of today's oil leaks

I took it to a friend's shop today - they made the suitable "nice rig noises" .... nice to hear after 18 months of work

Comment

• I bet!

Comment

• well, leaks are solved... I suppose I could take a picture of the not-oil-soaked-floor... but well, I don'twanna

pulled the skid plate off - and thought "hmm, it couldn't simply be a plug that needs tightening".... actually, it was

then I drove it and one leak fixed itself (yay), and I found another leak that I didn't know I had (fuel line), and fixed the brake line leak.... then took it for a drive. It drives so nice now with it aligned - however, once it warmed up, it started running really lean.... and I have no idea why, so tomorrow I'll go bend my friend's ear and see if he has suggestions.... but once that's done, (and the dash is finished), it's on the road

so the rest of my day was Heeps.
              First a leaky heep, this is the 2nd or 3rd time we've attempted to fix a water leak into the rear corner (it got hit there, fixed and now leaks)...

then this
              new doggie cages

which I built EXACTLY to my wife's written spec..... then she looked at it, and it was perfect (yeah, right).... I need to add 2" to it.... yeah, laugh it up.... oh well, it is kind of funny because I knew I'd have to 'fix' it even with written specifications that were reviewed 10 minutes before construction began.

Comment

• Who fixed the damage? Take it back to them. At least you can say you were right
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  Who fixed the damage? Take it back to them. At least you can say you were right

yeah this.... he won't, I don't know why. Ah well, we all put up with each other, this is his thing.

Comment

• so the guess is O2 sensor. I replaced it today (I have spares), but ran out of time for a test run.... crossing fingers. The old one didn't look bad - but it had been overheated, and oil-dowsed while the rings were sealing.... so I dunno
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 11, 2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Best of luck to you! we will stay tuned with baited anticipation!
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• O2 pile.... I have several new and good used ones... then I realized, I had a brand new correct one (and I was all ready to blow a plug apart)

and back to the cage... errr crate

a few doors, and a floor and they'll be done

there is a lot more to this, shelves, but I refuse to build them until they're in the vehicle... too many ways the measurements could be wrong...

anyway, back to fun stuff

a bit of drawing

and not enough holes

more tomorrow.

Comment

• a bit more done tonight on the cage.

tomorrow hinges and floor.... then paint and it's half done. Once it's installed, it will get drawers and shelves around it

got a bit further on the dash

and found a way of fixing the hole created by the abandoned keyless ignition button

Comment

• That works!!
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• the cage for my wife is done, except for paint....

A divider goes in the L to separate it for 2 dogs.

tested on a random bloodhound

and back to the dash

next I have to make a dash for it...

Comment

• looks good. The dog seems to not enjoy it as much.

Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Working...
                                X