No announcement yet.

FJ40 I call Shipwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's really simple. It costs me money to maintain a cloud storage for my pictures, it takes time to photograph the stuff, and it takes time to keep up with the posts... all to be told that the reason I do this is narcissistic. On top of that the brilliant Chad decided to recently tell us all that he chases away the people he doesn't want here. I say, he wins. If he wants to treat people that invest their time and money to give him a career as dirt.... I've news for him, there are other options. The best part is I got to practice here, now I can do the final builds for money... hell, if I'm going to get grief, I might as well get paid.

The fact that he trolls Craigslist for content rather then giving any kind of nod to those who help him out - especially when the stuff he posts is utter crap - I say more power to him. It's his site, it's his rules... it's my choice whether or not to continue to support him. What I build isn't new, nor is it anything special; and it's certainly not unique.... in short, there are plenty of people who post their stuff on the net, you won't be bored.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 10, 2015, 01:14 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Yep, the day they started completely ignoring the forum was the beginning of the end.

Forum traffic provides visitor numbers that sell ads to the vendors. But they don't need those numbers apparently.....of course not, this site makes them no money anyways.

Right.......

Shoot me a text with the site where the story is "to be continued'?

Last edited by STINEY; September 10, 2015, 01:47 PM.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I can't get your link to Chad's stuff to open but I'll go looking so I know what you're referring to. In any case I'll be sorry if you leave - love your stuff and I think it's both unique and interesting and I'm not even into off-road. No idea what's going on for him.

Let me add that I can't understand what they find "interesting". While my LSR truck isn't high-dollar or fancy it IS unique and you should see the crowd around it at ECTA. But not one word on the front page here. I guess everyone's idea of interesting is different.

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; September 10, 2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• that's it, Dan, they'd rather surf craigslist and other websites then promote the people who support their vendors by bringing people to the site.... they want me to provide content, they can pay me to do so.

Comment

• Chad's link is no longer viable... I'm sure that your threads are of better content, and I for one very seldom have gone to the main BangShift page... I like your builds better... please by all means continue... We're learning here... not just trolling for crap on other sites...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
              Yep, the day they started completely ignoring the forum was the beginning of the end.

Forum traffic provides visitor numbers that sell ads to the vendors. But they don't need those numbers apparently.....of course not, this site makes them no money anyways.

Right.......

Shoot me a text with the site where the story is "to be continued'?
              Please do the same(via PM) for me and Sean if you have the time... we are very intrigued by your methods and continue to learn from your builds!
              Last edited by silver_bullet; September 10, 2015, 04:43 PM.
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• And me via email...(because you can!)

Comment

• So because this

thinks this

is better than this

I'll be posting here until the contract is signed
                  So some background. My 1st 4x4 was a 1971 FJ 40 with a Ford 302 in it. It almost killed me more times than I can count... but I loved it. Enough that over the years I owned 6 more. Recently, I was simply perusing Seattle Craigslist and I found this to any Land Cruiser guy, they'd look...

or here

Originally, I bought (traded for a bicycle, actually) with the idea of a cheap wheeler... it still may be relatively cheap, but since the end product will be nothing like left the factory; I think here is a better place to blog its build. Basics, 1971 FJ40 basket case the original thought was...

and I did send an email to Brian - but since he doesn't seem to be around here anymore; I wouldn't hold my breath.

Comment

• Interesting - promises made, perhaps it's not dead here after all... crossing fingers.

Comment

• Hoping it works out. I'd certainly miss your contributions.

On another note: How do you maintain project threads in 3 places and still get anything done?

Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                      74 Nova Project
                      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                      79 Chevy Truck Project
                      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• I don't do 4x4, but I enjoy following your threads because you seem unafraid to tackle anything - and that's cool. So add me to the list of people who would miss your project threads.

...just remember the one most important rule.

Comment

• ...just remember the one most important rule.
                          Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff?

Comment

• Originally posted by hauen View Post

Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff?

Comment

• Blazer link still works... http://bangshift.com/bangshiftxl/ban...-inch-boggers/

I'm sorry you feel this way Aaron, I really enjoy your threads, and I can't blame you if you bailed. I stopped updating my dunebuggy thread for these reasons. I have numerous hours of photos, hard work, and writing invested into a thread that no one seems to give a shit about. If BS wants to blog about a dunebuggy they'd simply find one for sale on craigslist or ebay to talk up. That's the easiest way to do it right? Evidently us groundling forum members and our projects is just wallpaper to these guys.

I know Brian and Chad worked hard to get BS where it is, but their presence on the forums is nil these days. Brian's busy playing announcer, and Chad, well he's just Chad..
                              I miss the days when those guys interacted here regularly. Those days are gone it seems. Need to keep in touch with yourself Bangshift...

Comment

• Perhaps not, stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                                X