Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again, you have ALL THE KOOL TOYS!!

Comment

• now with square adapter.... it was close, and it was absolutely square - which I'm quite proud of achieving without a lathe

what a bunch of work

painted and ready to reinstall

undercarriage back in place

looks just like before, but drives great... and synchros are nice

onto another fix... leaking lights

fixeded
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Good Stuff, that feeling when a plan works, it's great!
        Tim
        Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	12196280_10153142953420843_5308718516393201769_n[1].jpg
Views:	207
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1265762

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
            Good Stuff, that feeling when a plan works, it's great!
            after dropping a link on my head, then hurting my wrist from punching the wall (it was laughing at me).... the only feeling I have is a headache.... I'm not a fan of fixing stuff

Comment

• Finally went wheeling with the repair/new stuff.
              Foremost, there is no bad day when you're out wheeling with you friends.
              it did get cut short because I had trouble with both the EFI and then at the end transmission... Since this isn't pirate, the build is honest and not perfect.

made the hour plus drive to the trailhead without problems

then this

2 electricians and a computer systems guy... what did we do? reboot by turning the system on and off
              turns out that what I should have done there is turn up the idle screw.... the IAC was overwhelmed - thus it was running like crap HOWEVER, at this point front right injector was on full bore.... I think the reboot did get the injector to behave, but the close way out from here is a 2 mile very steep downhill - and once you're committed there is no tap out.... no motor means no brakes, so we saved that battle for another day.
              The other issue that I haven't diagnosed yet is a howling when going into 2nd from either direction (and only 2nd). It doesn't do it all the time, but the clutch isn't fully disengaging when warm so that solution may fix this...

to be continued.

Comment

• Hmm, your LED lights look exactly like the ones I've got, which also leak. Considering how much I payed I'm not overly worried.

Comment

• The injectors arrived yesterday, and I am painting stuff so I figured I'd add these half doors to the pile of stuff to do
                  welded braces inside

then finishing the body work... not perfect but adequate....

Comment

• so I didn't feel like working on Covet19 tonight.... so I did these.... explanation tomorrow

Comment

• Dan

Comment

• Looks like WelderSeries stuff. Hmmm.....
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• carrying on

and now you know

only had one clamp.. I'll fix that tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                            Looks like WelderSeries stuff. Hmmm.....
                            Offroad Anonymous, here to help get you out on the trails 4 wheeling. We have you covered for all your offroad fabrication needs.

Comment

• I like these mounts just fine but in LSR we are specifically prohibited from using hose clamps to restrain any bottles. No clue on the history behind that but I'll wager someone got hit with a fire bottle or some such during an "incident" and they banned it. As a practical matter I'm sure what you have will be more than adequate.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                                I like these mounts just fine but in LSR we are specifically prohibited from using hose clamps to restrain any bottles. No clue on the history behind that but I'll wager someone got hit with a fire bottle or some such during an "incident" and they banned it. As a practical matter I'm sure what you have will be more than adequate.

Dan
                                how would you restrain them? everything uses clamps...

Comment

Working...
                                X