FJ40 I call Shipwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy

and then what? you'd rather I not post my adventures? seriously, stop trolling.
    not trolling - I'm trying to help. Your problem seems to be transient, moves around.. computer junk usually dies immediately or lasts for a long time. It seems like something is changing in your environment because things work, then don't work, then work. Like I said, no worries, I'm just throwing ideas out for thought. It wouldn't be any effort on my part to stop.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Did FiTech tell you what they fixed?
      Last edited by 65RHDEER; August 30, 2020, 11:31 PM.
      Tim
      Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• I know the feeling! Added 6 feet to the width of my driveway so I can back trailers out. Few days after fixing it, school super's wife backed a brand new Blazer in the ditch.. I never shifted an auto transfer case before, she wanted me to unhook trailer and pull her out. Naaah. Switch in 4by and jumps out.."My husband will never know, will he?". Nope lady, unless you tell him. Garbage truck turned around in neighbor's driveway. Wider than mine, MISSED IT! Took 2 huge wreckers to pull him out... I laughed too hard!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
          I know the feeling! Added 6 feet to the width of my driveway so I can back trailers out. Few days after fixing it, school super's wife backed a brand new Blazer in the ditch.. I never shifted an auto transfer case before, she wanted me to unhook trailer and pull her out. Naaah. Switch in 4by and jumps out.."My husband will never know, will he?". Nope lady, unless you tell him. Garbage truck turned around in neighbor's driveway. Wider than mine, MISSED IT! Took 2 huge wreckers to pull him out... I laughed too hard!
          Two words: "situational awareness".

Dan

Comment

• Are you staying clear of the smoke up there? We've been "fogged in" the last week with heavy smoke. I finally got outside all day yesterday to do a few repairs. It was still smoky, but I just couldn't stay indoors any longer!

Comment

• Interesting placement for the dimmer switch. Is that a new location, or where Toyota had it originally?

Comment

• Nice! Like that you're making it fit all the necessary essentials!

Comment

shushhhhh, we're hunting weeps!
                  Maybe hunting giant Asian hornets soon!

Comment

• Having everything inside where it can be safe when you walk away from the Cruiser is a good idea! Those jacks get stolen all the time while people are parked and away from their rigs.

Comment

• Get back! Get back to where you one belonged! (music for old people.......)

Dan

Comment

I pictured you more as a Dead Head, not a Bee Gees type (nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't the image I had)
                        WOW - soo I would have guessed that was a reference to the Beatles but I am not all that well versed on the music of the GeeBees!

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

WOW - soo I would have guessed that was a reference to the Beatles but I am not all that well versed on the music of the GeeBees!
                          This! BTW - Beatles, Bob Seger (growing up in SE MI), Jefferson Airplane, etc, etc. I like the Dead OK but was never a fanboy.

I know little of the BGs since Mining Disaster. So they stole Lennon-McCartney lyrics?

Dan
                          Last edited by DanStokes; November 5, 2020, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Leave it as is and cutdown on freeloaders wanting a ride!

Comment

• Good Lord! You're still working on this thing?!

I don't feel so bad now.

Comment

• Getting pretty sophisticated!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X