1966 F-100 EcoBoost & 1966 F-100 427 Side Oiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walk around vid of ecoproject

As of 12/24/15 The 1966 EcoBoost F100 Project is officially on the road for testing prior to tearing it down for paint and body.Runs and drives Excellent! Th...

No dyno yet as have a few things that need to be done. A bit light in back zero traction. Complete driving truck is at 3810 lbs. Runs and drives great

Comment

• Wow , just read all 16 pages quite incredible. Think you need to be opening a hot rod shop . That would probably take the fun out of it though.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Really thrilled this project is still moving forward.

Comment

• EcoBoost Engine Swap 2

6R80 6-Speed Automatic along with a Transfer Case, A bit of wiring and and Computer.

Slated for my 1966 F250 Ranger (Factory Bucket Seats)

A HUGE difference in the builds will be.

1) Stock Body no mods

2) Stock Frame no mods

3) Keeping the Twin I-Beam Suspension

4) Since the F250 comes with a HD Brake System it will also be kept as they are factory Power Brakes

5) The Entire Factory Bucket Seat Interior Will Be kept stock with exception of dash Cluster. Still trying to come up with a design but want it to look very stock.

6) The Special Order Paint Color will be kept

7) Exterior will be restored to Original (eventually, get it running for now)

8) Stock Front Sheet Metal Including Core Support & Inner Fenders

9) Whoa, just gave too much information

10) This will be my parts hauler and daily driver

11) Stock front suspension for now but will be turned into a 4x4 as time allows and I get caught up on other projects

12) And the BIGGIE is:

"A Ford Supported Project through Drivers Talk Radio"

Comment

• Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
            Wow , just read all 16 pages quite incredible. Think you need to be opening a hot rod shop . That would probably take the fun out of it though.
            Thanks! Project coming along good. A bit of lull as need to have custom wheels made. Started another project to keep me busy. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Criscobath View Post
              Really thrilled this project is still moving forward.
              Thanks! another fun project already started. Bare minimum no mods 1966 F250 EcoBoost Swap 2

Comment

• Looking forward to EB2, congratulations on the sponsor! Ask them if they want to help out other projects, I would love to be sponsored!
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• EcoBoost Engine Swap 2 is a very rare 1966 F250 Deluxe Camper Special Ranger. A nice One Owner truck from Hemet, California.This EcoBoost Swap is a complete ...

Comment

• Who said it couldn't be done??!! Of course it can. I do, however, greatly admire your wiring skills! Great project.

Dan

Comment

• Longer version of Video

EcoBoost Engine Swap 21966 F250 Deluxe Camper Special Ranger, A factory Bucket Seat F250 a very rare option. Stock appearing F250 Gets a 2015 F150 EcoBoost &...

Comment

• Its been a very slow road. I thought I was bogged down with 2 HUGE projects. This Project #3 really threw in a curveball. So much for getting it up and going "quickly". Like most or all projects I get started on they quickly snowball into very large projects. Eco 2 has been no different.

I ordered wheels for Eco1 12 or so weeks ago. Little I can really do on Eco 1 until I know its possible to have a wheel fit. Making a wheel that would work turned out to be near impossible, but they should be done this week.

A sneak peak at wheel for Eco 1 along with HubCaps. This is same hubcaps my dad's truck had when it was new back in October 1965 ('66 Truck)

It was ok during initial test driving and drove quite well but I wanted to lower it knowing full well I would have a clearance issue. Kinda like this

ECO 2, One of the larger jobs was the fuel tank. So built one out of stainless to work with the 2015 Fuel pump on the 3.5 Eco

Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; April 24, 2016, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Some pretty close tolerances on Eco 2 engine but it all fits just fine.

Right side mount, turbo to frame.

Oil pan to crossmember, tie rods fits just fine.

A/C Compressor clears

Factory Eco mount clears steering gear nice too!

Comment

• Turbo to steering gear. Looks like it was engineered to fit!

Next up was actually mounting the engine and trans combo. (Would have been a lot easier had I not had a transfer case there. (for those that want to make it 4WD.)
                            Just to see if it could be done without major mods. Trans crossmember.

Engine Mounting:

Comment

• Had extra floor and firewall from Eco 1 so used it for trial fit to make sure all would clear.

Comment

• You're making it look easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X