No announcement yet.

1966 F-100 EcoBoost & 1966 F-100 427 Side Oiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In order for the core support, radiator and all to fit not only will I have to shorten the frame rails the radiator will have to go back until it about hits the ABS pump. Then the frame will have to be cut down~notched to lower the core support for hood clearance! Like the cab there will be a "happy" spot where the core support will end up.

If I can get it perfect the '11 remote hood latch will go into the '66 hood catch! Somehow want to integrate the '11 safety catch into it also.

The intercooler in stock '11 position will be sticking past the bumper. So looks like its high time I learn how to build my own intercooler to fit . .

Again, trying to do the entire build at my backyard garage so will see how that all works out.

At this time I am getting the color scheme narrowed down so if anyone here knows of someone who can do a nice rendering for me . .

The wiring seems to be one of the easiest portions of the build. Just find the connector nearby then plug it in . . Not to mention how I will have to calibrate the adjustable pedals and all once I get close and have power. At that time I will upload the newest tune from Ford.

Once the truck is up and driving and everything seems to be ok then the moddin' will start.

A few pics of the wiring, A/C lines, heater hose click and go etc.

Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; January 9, 2015, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• tight quarters with the hood to core support.

Comment

• Curious on a weight now with cab added along with wiring and cooling module assy.

Now at 3110 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by BBR View Post
          Now send that cab to Dynacorn so they can reproduce them for the rest of us!!!!

This is a killer thread. Wish I had the time and resources to do something similar with my yellow truck.

Thanks!

It took me a few hundred hours to figure out what to do. Now that I know exactly where to cut . .One could easily duplicate. I wish I would have had the plasma cutter when I started job.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            So you put the new floor into the old cab, and modified the old firewall / hood / cowl to make the new firewall and hvac work.... this is going to be one of those vehicles folks look at parked at a car show and think "I could do that" while having absolutely no idea the trials and tribulations required to make it look like it came that way from the factory.

this is fantastic - well deserved to be on the front page.

Thanks! That is pretty much it!

Comment

• Since you are running the '11 intercooler, it's larger than a newer one. Ford revised the design because they had issues of condensation building up in the older cooler and then it would dump it into the intake causing it to stall. The newer ones are smaller, maybe it would fit better for you? I have a '14 F150 daily driver, and a 1966 project that I'd love to do this exact swap on. Probably the next '66 I build will be a crew cab.

Comment

• nice work and quite ambitious... how in love with the stock location for the intercooler are you? an alternative place for intercoolers is in front of the wheels - yes, it requires plumbing, but if all else fails - that's a spot lots of people put intercoolers when between the bumper and the radiator doesn't work...

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by EcoBoostedF100 View Post

Thanks!

It took me a few hundred hours to figure out what to do. Now that I know exactly where to cut . .One could easily duplicate. I wish I would have had the plasma cutter when I started job.
                  Choose your colors wisely, cuz, that truck belongs on the cover of a magazine when it's done.

Comment

• Originally posted by JR66Ford View Post
                    Since you are running the '11 intercooler, it's larger than a newer one. Ford revised the design because they had issues of condensation building up in the older cooler and then it would dump it into the intake causing it to stall. The newer ones are smaller, maybe it would fit better for you? I have a '14 F150 daily driver, and a 1966 project that I'd love to do this exact swap on. Probably the next '66 I build will be a crew cab.

Friend who borrowed me his late build 2013 so I could compare the cooler is identical. Finding a nice crewcab to start with is the tough part.

Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; January 13, 2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      nice work and quite ambitious... how in love with the stock location for the intercooler are you? an alternative place for intercoolers is in front of the wheels - yes, it requires plumbing, but if all else fails - that's a spot lots of people put intercoolers when between the bumper and the radiator doesn't work...

Thought i mentioned the intercooler issue above in other post. I will have to make my own or find new location.

here is stock '11 position

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Motive View Post
                        Choose your colors wisely, cuz, that truck belongs on the cover of a magazine when it's done.

Thanks! Still trying to decide on proper color combo that will fit the truck and have it something I can live with,

Comment

• Lost my storage for all my spare parts. Have been busy trying to make room for it all. With so many vehicles torn apart it takes up a lot of space.

Did make a bit of progress since my last post.

a quick pic with the front clip in place. It will all fit fine just have to figure out how to mount it all.

Comment

• Also thinking of Mod's to make the truck even faster. Did a tour of a local company today called Full-Race. They make a lot of top notch turbo pieces and work directly with Ford and Borg-Warner.

A couple shots of the quality of those pieces.

EcoBoost Specific.

Can one say 500 RWHP from a 3.5L on 91 octane?

Comment

• Also thinking of Mod's to make the truck even faster. Did a tour of a local company today called Full-Race. They make a lot of top notch turbo pieces and work directly with Ford and Borg-Warner.

A couple shots of the quality of those pieces.
                              you want to talk to these guys when it comes to (tuning) a eco boost engine

Last edited by derbydad276; January 25, 2015, 03:02 PM.
                              your kids can have their own racecar www.aasbd.org

Comment

• Interesting
                                Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                                1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                                1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Working...
                                X