No announcement yet.

1966 F-100 EcoBoost & 1966 F-100 427 Side Oiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like the progress. Slow and steady will get it done right.
    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

• Been a little slow on progress as sold my 53' Furniture hauler storage shed and am fighting with where to put all the stuff. A monumental task.

Since today is 15 years of ownership of the '66 427 Project truck thought I would give a bit of an update.

I do not know how but always get myself deeper in projects.

Not sure if I posted pics of this truck before but plan was eventually to restore it to stock "looking" but with slightly upgraded drive train.

1st the '66 427 Truck's 15 anniversary of ownership.

as it sits today

how the ecoboost f100 is today

My "other" 1966 F100 with trailer . . long story but it matches!

This will be truck most likely to get the 418" FE transplant. Just what I needed Project # THREE.

Comment

• 418? Is that a .040 over 410?
        I always thought the 410 was the best FE truck engine Ford never installed, but I've always been a fan of long stroke engines that can just chug along.
        I like your slick collection.

Comment

• Originally posted by hauen View Post
          418? Is that a .040 over 410?
          I always thought the 410 was the best FE truck engine Ford never installed, but I've always been a fan of long stroke engines that can just chug along.
          I like your slick collection.
          Exactly! It was already a .030 over with new pistons etc but no deck plates were used and the bore was already .001 more skirt clearance than I wanted.

A quick sonic check told me there was plenty of meat left to go next size.
          Instead of going with the well used C8AE heads will most likely step up to the BBM's

Then it will be time to start selling off my FE parts stash.

Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; February 1, 2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Have just been through this thread from beginning to end and I salute you. It is hard to decide which is more mouthwatering, the FE or EcoBoost project. And a third project waiting in the wings...amazing. I am such a hopeless underachiever.
            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
              Have just been through this thread from beginning to end and I salute you. It is hard to decide which is more mouthwatering, the FE or EcoBoost project. And a third project waiting in the wings...amazing. I am such a hopeless underachiever.

Details about the '67 Comet?

Well, Finally some great news! Late last evening the EcoProject actually started!

A quick 1st startup video

More details later. Lots to do before first test drive.

Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; March 25, 2015, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• "What's that noise?" (old chainsaw joke....)

Sounds good - like it might work. Please keep us informed.

Dan

Comment

• Extremely jealous these trucks are amazing
                  CHECK US OUT AT:
                  www.ridetech.com

Comment

• The Ecoboost is gonna make this a fun truck to drive.
                    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

• My mind is going kaput!

5 projects of my own and my eldest daughter says, Dad, can we paint my Bronco on tuesday or friday? what, hello, what was that?

Long story short a few years ago she picked up a 1986 Full size bronco. 46k orig miles but its been baking in the Arizona sun sitting for nearly 20yrs now.

She had rebuilt the entire fuel system, cooling system got it up and running but the paint was GONE! What was left we just steamcleaned most of it off and left it just in factory primer for a couple years while she saved up the $$ to get it on the road.

Needless to say its now been a MONTH since I started that quickie paint job. She helping of course! How does one say no to a daughter?

After going thru the fuel system and firing it for first time as it warmed up something did not seem quite right with cooling system so we did a little snooping . .

Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; May 1, 2015, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• teardown of bronco

Comment

• At this point she already had it running and driving to make sure everything worked. New tires, new brakes etc

paint was literally baked off.

Comment

• she would stop by in the evenings after work. (leaves for work at 4:30 am)

Comment

• 1st primer

Comment

• enough sanding so the fingerprints were gone . .

Comment

Working...
                                X