No announcement yet.

1966 F-100 EcoBoost & 1966 F-100 427 Side Oiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goal is to have exterior appear as new in 1966 with exception of Tire/Wheel & brake upgrade. These custom wheels 18” to clear the 14” 6p Baer Brakes kinda look Halibrand or 1966 Lamborghini Miura.
    Same with interior. With exception of added Stewart Warner Tach which just happens to also be a Lamborghini unit from mid 70’s. I have been saving this SW tach for those 40+ years.

i also added LED headlights so I can actually see at night and do not seem to distract too much from the 60’s vibe. No CV front suspension on this one although I am adding a custom engineered front sway bar. Will soon see if I can get a twin I Beam to out handle a CV front.
    Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; August 10, 2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Emblem inserts I made.
      Engine bay pretty much done.
      Cab, chassis, interior close too.

Comment

• beautiful
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• That is a pretty rig....
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            beautiful
            Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
              That is a pretty rig....
              Thanks!

Comment

• I'd be afraid to get it dirty! That's as clean as the high end cars in autorama!
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  I'd be afraid to get it dirty! That's as clean as the high end cars in autorama!
                  Thanks!

A updated video of current build status

For those following along on this build. Its coming along very slowly but making progress! Hood is off to paint the topside. All glass now in. Time to re-do ...

Comment

• Few new pics from today. Outside in natural lighting vs the shop lights..

Also a new video uploaded. Running, Driving and quick walk around.

Comment

• Bit more progress. For some reason i was having difficulty signing in for past month. Kept getting error message.

Not sure why but the colors are way off.

Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; November 18, 2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Lots of effort went into restoring the seats. My first pair learned a lot but happy with end result doing it myself.

Comment

• Comment

• Randy: To keep it short, let's just say that that truck is absolutely STUNNING! Nice work!!

Hope my Crewcab turns out half that nice;)

Cheers!
                            James

Comment

• Simply stunning, all around. Are those mustang or econoline seats? I'm guessing parchment on the color? Regardless, the entire truck is beyond show circuit worthy, unreal attention to detail.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X