No announcement yet.

1966 F-100 EcoBoost & 1966 F-100 427 Side Oiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cstmwgn: IIRC, the gages are from 2018-2020 F series, see Post # 776 & the vid in links below......

James

1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks - boss9f100 Projects page - I have been hinting for some time that I planned on building a SLICK with a 3.5L EcoBoost along with the 6spd Automatic and all electronics from the new F150 including its electric assist power steering & more. This will be a monumental task and in...

Click image for larger version

Name:	be53941c_82e1_453c_8718_ac7d379739b5_ed3ba081ae2ac55d3aae7b9854b6dcb1c8ae2fd0.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1290502

Comment

• Thanks James - I either missed or had forgotten (most likely) that post.

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        Is that dash cluster an off the shelf part available from a 3rd party supplier?
        Did not have $$ to buy a cluster from like Dakota Digital or other. I also wanted features no manufacturer offers. I used a new repop bezel and blended in the 2018-20 cluster So I could get all the features i wanted.

Comment

• Just what I needed! A couple more projects. These ones a bit BIGGER projects.

This is my beyond ultra rare 1966 N700 Crew Cab. So far have been unable to find another that exists or had existed. Searched high n low. Do know of a white '67 that was floating around vegas around 10 yrs ago.

This one same owner 31+ years.

Inside the head plans but its like changing weather.

Click image for larger version  Name:	031.JPG Views:	0 Size:	535.9 KB ID:	1291806Click image for larger version  Name:	032.JPG Views:	0 Size:	531.1 KB ID:	1291805
          Attached Files
          Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; April 9, 2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• I don't think I've ever seen a 4 door version. Interesting......

Dan

Comment

• Ford GAA tank engine?
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• I want to build a heavy truck like that as a car hauler one day, I look forward to seeing more!
                "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
                1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
                2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  I don't think I've ever seen a 4 door version. Interesting......

Dan
                  Extremely Rare no doubt. This one is the only known 1966 N series crew cab. Around 10 yrs ago there was a '67 in vegas area unknown if a legit ford built truck. So far no other N crews of any year are known that I am aware of.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
                    Ford GAA tank engine?
                    That would be fun! This one has a 330 HD gasser with a 5 spd trans and 2 spd rear axle.

Comment

• Originally posted by ejs262 View Post
                      I want to build a heavy truck like that as a car hauler one day, I look forward to seeing more!
                      Can't wait to get it home so I can first get it running driving then see what happens from there. Would love to do a full blown restoration but being extinct near impossible to find parts for. Will not know what route to take until I get it home and dig in. Not fun trying to get someone to haul it here.

Comment

• This LOOKS like a Great Rescue Project !!!
                        The only Scary Thing I see is those Old Lock Ring Rims !!!!
                        The Six Bolt Rims might be a Challenge to find in 10R 22.5's........
                        If shopping for 330HD parts......Check out those UHaul trucks in the Bone Yards.

Comment

• PS
                          with that engine, trans, axle combo.......
                          Expect to be traveling at Old UHaul Truck Speeds..........
                          That MPH Sticker on the Dash wasn't a Recommendation........It Was A Statement !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain View Post
                            PS
                            with that engine, trans, axle combo.......
                            Expect to be traveling at Old UHaul Truck Speeds..........
                            That MPH Sticker on the Dash wasn't a Recommendation........It Was A Statement !!!!
                            Per ford books 3900 rpm should be top which is 66 MPH
                            I will probably keep it down to 55 MPH which is 3250 RPM Still seems high rpm vs modern stuff 70 MPH only 2000 RPM.

My current '66 F100 Project 2000 RPM will be 80 MPH in 10th Gear

I was able to find new 22.5 wheels and proper tires will just install new on front for now keeping current fronts for spares in the attempt to drive it 1500 mi across country.

Comment

• Sounds like an adventure!

Dan

Comment

• Video update of the N CrewCab

Here the N Crew cab gets loaded on a big rig to be moved for first time in 31yrs! Plan is to put this truck back to work and I will use it as my daily driver...

Comment

Working...
                                X