1966 F-100 EcoBoost & 1966 F-100 427 Side Oiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could not leave out the doors . .

No dings in them either! but did have to fill in a couple extra mirror holes

Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; September 1, 2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Comment

I made some adaptors so I could put door in any position for easier sanding, painting

Comment

made a couple carts for box and cab that will double stack for getting under cab for blasting and painting .

Plan was to also use the one cart for a engine test stand.

Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; September 1, 2014, 10:06 PM.

Comment

one of the most time consuming tasks is small parts detail . . Cleaned up all nuts bolts and hardware and off to the plater. Most is electroless nickle

Comment

Comment

enough for now . .

More updates soon!

Comment

nice
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Nice work indeed. Your shop is not too shabby, either! If that Mustang is in your way feel free to ship it here and I'll make sure it gets exercise.

Dan

Comment

Beautiful, impressive, sweet looking work! I am beyond impressed!
                      I was looking forward to seeing someone put one of those new EcoBoost motors into something classic - you're the first I've seen, and I'm just as impressed as I expected to be!

Comment

Thanks All!

I picked up a full shop manual set for torque specs and help with the electronics. (EcoBoost Project)

Comment

I also picked up new kick panels to install in the '66 cab. This will make easy mounting of the computer wiring etc
                          The eco firewall will allow me easy mounting of the adjustable pedals, HVAC and more.
                          With install of the eco floor pan I can easily mount the seats, console, and even have a duct that will flow under seat and up in back of cab. Also for mounting Gyro (stability control computer)

The amazing thing is I bought the complete low mile truck for only 3250.00! Plan is to use as many parts as possible from the Eco Truck. I can build this for a fraction of the cost of trying to buy parts for a stock restoration. Only real bigger ticket item so far was to purchase the complete new 126" WB frame.

Because the 427 Truck is so scattered around I need to do at least some assembly on it before starting back on the EcoBoost project. I will post pics up on Eco project to where I am right now, but that may take a few days.

Fitting cab to chassis

Comment

because of huge kickup in eco frame I had to remove the box floor. Also a issue with the '66 truck having a 129" WB and the Eco Chassis being 126"
                            I was able to gain 1" by moving cab forward to better center the front wheels in fender opening. So I now have 2" to gain in rear. I can do that by shortening the box 2" or by moving wheel opening.
                            I want to keep the stock Eco 126" WB for a number of reasons. Driveshaft, fuel and brake lines, Ebrake and more.

If you look at first pic here of cab and box in place you will notice how much I have raised the floor. A big part of that is for looks where It will appear much lowered but I will have full suspension travel and also because the Eco frame is 9" tall. Stock frame around half that. I did not want the frame to be showing with a casual walk around. A lot of decisions to make for sure. I am sure some of them will be WRONG! Lol Maybe on the next one!

Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; September 2, 2014, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I still have 2 other 66 pickups that will need to be Re-Powered so maybe the new 2.7 eco or the 2.3 out of the mustang.

I have yet another larger 1966 Truck that I would like to swap in the new 2015 6.7L and its 440hp & 860TQ. Problem is its such low miles and nice shape I hate to mess with it.

Plan is to sell my current diesel truck when I get the eco project driveable and it will be my daily driver.

Comment

A few more with cab and box mounting on eco project

Comment

Working...
                                X