No announcement yet.

1966 F-100 EcoBoost & 1966 F-100 427 Side Oiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely speechless over these two projects. Amazing work. Your 427 truck project reminded me of my sophomore auto shop teacher's '53 Ford pickup. He had a dual quad 428, 4 spd in it. It was a monster.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
      Absolutely speechless over these two projects. Amazing work. Your 427 truck project reminded me of my sophomore auto shop teacher's '53 Ford pickup. He had a dual quad 428, 4 spd in it. It was a monster.
      Thanks!

Very slow going as getting too old for this stuff anymore.

I did manage to get left side header tacked together and in place. Just needs final welding. (TIG)

Right side the primary first 12" is done, partial of 2 pipes.

sorry for the crappy cell phone pics

Comment

That took much much longer than I had hoped. Very little room for 4 2" tubes between trans and crossmember. I also had to rotate the right collector in order for it to clear.
        Made for a bit more bends than I had hoped.

30 days vs the one week I thought it would take. Getting old is not for sissies! LOL

Comment

Thanks for the update. Looks VERY spiffy!

Dan

Comment

finally made a bit of progress.

427 powered F100 Update:

Finally have headers pretty much done.

Box now getting close to primer.

Comment

Once I had the 427 headers done and the box close to primer decided to at least get the cab mounted on ecoboost project. Have not touched it for over 2 yrs now. Really need a daily driver

Like most things that sit around they get covered in dust and turn into work benches!

Comment

Great to see progress! Please keep it coming.

Dan

Comment

Loving both of these projects!!
                  Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Wow, mind = blown.
                    Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                    1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                    1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

• Trying my best here but the old age is really kicking in . .

The header build I figured would be 1 week maybe a week & a half if I took my time. (years ago a couple long days . .)

It took me 3 months to accomplish the task as it was getting very difficult to crawl under get a measurement craw back out forget the measurement, crawl back under forget the tape measure,
                      Go back to find tape cannot remember where I put it. FInd the tape measure forget what I was doing. Time to take a brake . . LOL

By then my back is killing me and I just do not feel like crawling under it again. No hoist in shop. Outside but its either too hot or too cold. They say getting old sure is not for sissies! LOL

I mention this because it was getting so difficult I ordered a hoist.
                      Hoist shows up today and start to assemble. hoist too tall to fit in garage door! grrrrrr Of course the sales person said no problem to clear a 8' door. They do not take returns!

Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; November 29, 2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• At this point I have no choice just eat the 3500.00 hoist or take the saw out and shorten it up! Mark it off cut out the 5" needed just gotta find a way to shorten the cables 5" now . .

After that mess think I can get some time into the ecoboost cab mounting. Get dash kinda in place where I thought it would fit. Its 7" too far back with no idea how I can get it forward. Width is perfect tho

A engineer I am not.

Comment

• Its a good thing when I found cab position I did not weld the floor and firewall in! Have a couple hundred years needed to figure out if I can get the dash & HVAC in.
                          None of my old cars have had working A/C and that was a must on this one as it will replace my diesel daily driver. Surely do not have the funds for a aftermarket A/C setup

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Good thing I saved the ecoboost cab. At least I can rob brackets and maybe lower portion of dash along with a place to get the proper measurements.

Comment

• Cell phone taking very very blurry pics. (Iphone 5) Have had new one on order for 5 weeks not and still a no show

What I am up against here

Comment

• I'll agree getting old isn't for sissies.. I use my iPhone for measurements and have a bunch of tapes where I work... (no need to amember measurements!.. 19-2/3 19-2/3 18-2/3 18-2/6)

Comment

• I spy a Ford Fire and Rescue rig sharing garage space.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X