1966 F-100 EcoBoost & 1966 F-100 427 Side Oiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    I spy a Ford Fire and Rescue rig sharing garage space.

Yeah its a 1966 F600 with only 5700 miles. Unrestored, even has original tires, belts, hoses etc

Comment

• Always wanted a set of scales so I knew how much weight I was adding etc.

This is the 427 truck and it includes the parts in box. Full interior less bumpers and exhaust, no fenders or inner fenders. I was hoping done would be under 3600 lbs

Comment

• My '66 Long bed 352 with a 3spd weight.

4267 lbs! I wondered how was that possible it was so heavy . .

Then I remembered it had a pile of horse type blankets in box and it had just rained. No blankets the curb weight with full fuel is 4102

Comment

• finished up the 4 post lift so i can actually get under it in the main shop, outside or in other shop with the use of the caster kit

Comment

• Back to ecoboost project

Since A/C was a mandatory requirement for a daily driver here in AZ getting the HVAC installed was do or die.

Problem was in order for it to fit I had to extend the cowl area of course which gave even more issue's

Comment

• Hood hinge mounting was one of them

For cutting the cowl I found a wet trim board outside in the rain with nice flexibility.. LOL

I used it with the newly purchased plasma cutter to cut the cowl

Comment

• checking cowl to firewall fit

Comment

• sure made a mess of it!

a few mods to the firewall and now I have a great fit to the '66 cowl

Comment

• That idea did not work so well as now have interference with hood. Initial check was ok.

Last edited by EcoBoostedF100; January 3, 2015, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Brake booster a bit high, just needs a Gurney Bump! LOL

Comment

• In order for hood hinge clearance made this

It did not work out so well as did not like the "look" of it.

By cutting out sections of a extra '66 cowl piece I felt these ends would make it better. Still a lot going on with all the curves and might look a bit out of place but at least it will allow
                        for room of the HVAC assy and also more room for dash stuff

Comment

• for sure this project is way over my head of anything else I have attempted before . .

Hood to cowl clearance too tight.

Comment

• I had not realized when everything was cut apart the cowl sagged a good 1/4" so now I had very bad hood to cowl fit.

Comment

• I cut it all back apart and started over.

Comment

• Using the template I made I then took a piece of .083 1" tubing in a 10' length set it up on a couple blocks and stood on it to start the arch in the 2 different directions needed.

I then moved onto the cheap HF 20 ton press and used a Osha approved method in getting the curved shape to fit cowl. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X