• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by EcoBoostedF100 View Post
    Last chapter for my 1966 F100R
    To continue on many other projects and make a few shop improvements I put the truck in auction sold to Vanguard Motors. He flipped it for 300k like always buy high sell low and make it up in volume!

https://youtu.be/QHVXIH7C4zM?feature=shared
    You did an amazing job on that old ford! Almost too nice to drive. I would be afraid I would get rock chips and melted rubber in the wheel wells when I did burn outs!

Leave a comment:

• EcoBoostedF100
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	As found chicken shed.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	445.0 KB
ID:	1346865 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3673.jpg
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	1346863 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3672.jpg
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	1346864 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3419.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	1346862 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E2754.jpg
Size:	607.6 KB
ID:	1346867 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E2751.jpg
Size:	574.4 KB
ID:	1346866Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E3419.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	1346868 Few as found

Leave a comment:

• EcoBoostedF100
    replied
    Getting going on my 1966 N700 Crew Cab I picked up going on 3 yrs ago. So big it barely fits in shop. Bought new by the Northern Pacific Railway for hy-rail use in Billings/Yellowstone area
    It is one of only 2 factory build N series crew cabs known to exist,

I am currently doing a full restoration but with a little twist. I bought a new Ford Performance 7.3 zilla 10R140 combo. Keeping the Eaton 2 spd diff either for pulling small buildings or cruising freeway turning 2500 rpm @ 75 mph.

Will post photo's once I figure out how again. Couple tries I failed said too large

Leave a comment:

• EcoBoostedF100
    replied
    Last chapter for my 1966 F100R
    To continue on many other projects and make a few shop improvements I put the truck in auction sold to Vanguard Motors. He flipped it for 300k like always buy high sell low and make it up in volume!

Leave a comment:

• EcoBoostedF100
    replied
    Nice article by Engine Swap Depot

Randy's Restoration has been working on vehicles as a hobby for 50+ years. Over that time he's built many vehicles. Today we are sharing his amazing 1966 Ford F-100 short bed truck he's owned for over 20 years. The truck was previously powered by a 482 ci Ford FE V8. However he wanted to daily...

Leave a comment:

• EcoBoostedF100
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain View Post
    Kool !!!
    I don't think we will get any numbers like that out of out 390 V8 on our project 66 F100. We are just shooting for 1hp/cu in.
    But the Torque Numbers should be impressive with the cam we chose.

Tomorrow morning, while the weather turns to Krraapp, planning on reading thru your entire journey on these 2 trucks, too pick up some Time Saving Tips, and steer my 2 Sons, (also the Grand Kids, the little help), and myself from unknown headaches that you had to Experience in your build.

Started a build post, will share our adventures on our build. So Please feel free to let us know when the next step should be so WE don't have to back up to do ReWork.
    I have a 390 on engine stand now that am hoping is all about the TQ. Best guesstimate it will make less than 300 HP but should make 400+ TQ around 3000 RPM.
    It's going in another '66 Truck. Picked up a 1968 F250 yesterday and it came with a 1969 390 from a '69 Mach 1. Appears to have very low miles on it sitting since early 70's.
    Have 2 other FE truck builds in '66 trucks too plus to FT '66 Truck builds. Rest of them are all late model stuff.
    This week will be doing final stages to the orange truck to get it ready for GoodGuys next weekend here in Scottsdale. After than I gotta get back on the too many other project.

I mostly post on Garage Journal. That build thread is over 7000 replies and 3m views. I find that app the easiest to add photo's.

Will try to play catch-up here. It was locked/hacked for so long I could not sign in.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Kool !!!
    I don't think we will get any numbers like that out of out 390 V8 on our project 66 F100. We are just shooting for 1hp/cu in.
    But the Torque Numbers should be impressive with the cam we chose.

Tomorrow morning, while the weather turns to Krraapp, planning on reading thru your entire journey on these 2 trucks, too pick up some Time Saving Tips, and steer my 2 Sons, (also the Grand Kids, the little help), and myself from unknown headaches that you had to Experience in your build.

Started a build post, will share our adventures on our build. So Please feel free to let us know when the next step should be so WE don't have to back up to do ReWork.

Leave a comment:

• EcoBoostedF100
    replied
    Finally got it to the dyno. E51 pump gas it made 603 HP and 658 lb ft tq at the tire! That is over 3 lb ft TQ per cu in at the tire

Leave a comment:

• EcoBoostedF100
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    That is a pretty amazing build!

Dan
    Thanks Dan! I have been sooo busy with far too many projects.
    Video to play catch up. From a couple days ago.

2020 Ford Raptor Crate Engine swap with 10 spd Auto. Full walk around with exterior, interior, box & underhood. Finally gave it a much awaited sand n buff. L...

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    That is a pretty amazing build!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• EcoBoostedF100
    replied
    Originally posted by Monster View Post

That is gorgeous .. ya gotta love an old truck !
    Thanks much!

Been busy trying to get things like TPMS, A/C, added Power Steering Pump, 100% all smog stuff no check engine light, next is trying to get cruise/adaptive cruise to work. 900 miles so far on new crate engine. Trans is stuck in tow mode and so far have not figured out what is causing it. Still runs in the 4's 0-60 leaving at idle on bad surface 100+ deg out. Down a good 100 hp from final tune.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Originally posted by EcoBoostedF100 View Post
    Short off into the Arizona Sunset Vid
    That is gorgeous .. ya gotta love an old truck !

Leave a comment:

• EcoBoostedF100
    replied
    Happy 4th to all!

Went to local cars n coffee and had photo op with a 2021 Ford GT! What a great GT owner!As soon as he looked underhood he mentioned how similar our engines w...

Leave a comment:

• EcoBoostedF100
    replied
    Short off into the Arizona Sunset Vid

Very short trip down to next street just to check transmission shifting. A-OK!Now to get the headlights, brake n turn lights working and I can take a longer ...

Leave a comment:

• EcoBoostedF100
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    wow - this thing puts a lot of show cars to shame, simply top notch craftsmanship - and the best part - it looks like it's supposed to go there!
    Inspirational.
    thanks a bunch! Here is video from this morning after I gave it a much needed bath. Longer test drive soon I need to wire up the lights, horn aux fuel tank,

Happy Memorial Weekend! A bit more progress on the F100Raptor. Front sheet metal now on it's ready for that first longer test drive but I have a Power Steeri...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X