No announcement yet.

1984 Chevrolet C10 LWB - 507" Cadillac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C10's have a nice place on the passenger side where the stock intake gets air - and there's another place just like it on the driver's side. Somewhere in the vicinity of right behind the headlights.. maybe just inboard.
    Seems like a great place to duct your cold air intake setup.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianC10 View Post
      Headers are on their way, little misunderstanding, supposed to be 1 7/8 but are 1 3/4, might loose a little bit on the top end but they will be a thousand times better than the cast Iron manifolds.

Thinking on ways of cold air induction. was thinking of the dryer vent from the from grill to the air cleaner, or cowl induction? what has worked best for you guys?

I built headers for a 500 Cadillac - it was pretty simple, buy the flanges online, buy a set of BBC headers for whatever you want it to fit into, cut the flange off, weld the Cadillac flange on. The BBC bore spacing is pretty darn close - close enough that you don't have to weld and bend any tubes.

on 81 up trucks, there's a knockout to the inside of the passenger side headlight that you can knock out and run cold air from... on your 77.. don't remember if it's there
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 26, 2014, 07:05 AM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Sounds like a great project. Love the squares.
        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

There is 2 knockouts on my truck come to think of it. I bought flanges and headers actually but never had time to build them, the headers I bought are exactly what I tried to build and are ceramic coated so they might last a little longer.

once I get my shop set up I plan on building a set of fenderwell headers 2" primaries, after my heads are CNC ported and im playing with the blue bottle.

as for suspension going to invest in caltracs, leave 2 stock leaves, or 1 leaf and use coil over shocks

Comment

There are some who find building headers to be maddening; I find it to be relaxing - with that said, I have some headers on my wall that I'm not sure I could be enough motor to warrant them
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It could have been relaxing when I tried, but was under the gun to get them done and was working with a pair of rusty headers and not enough clamps lol.

now working with a bunch of new mixed pipe bends and all the time in the world, I could find it relaxing, I found porting very relaxing

Comment

Working...
              X