No announcement yet.

74 NovaMan's 65 Convertible VW Beetle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Joe said. If you aren't worried about resale, or originality for that matter, build it how you want it and enjoy it. It's your car to do with as YOU want... or as the wife wants - that's between y'all.

Comment

• Thanks for your thoughts on the color guys. This week I dropped off the rims to be powder coated and picked up tires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Tires.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1016072

Date code on these is June of 2014. Much Better.
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• We will get the bug running and diving for this summer but we are currently being distracted by the possible purchase of this.

Name:	IMG_0192.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	1016079

It's a 1956 Cadillac that was owned by my wife's grandmother. It's a 62 Series (not a Coupe deVille).
        Attached Files
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Many would kill for that Caddy.

Comment

• The Caddy is WONDERFUL!! Hope that works out for you kids. Even better that there's a family connection.

Dan

Comment

• Nice Caddy. Working on a '58 for years, I have realized they are far more complicated than any other car of that era.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Love that Caddy!
                Lucky kids!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  Nice Caddy. Working on a '58 for years, I have realized they are far more complicated than any other car of that era.
                  Actually Scott, the Lincolns were stupid complicated too. Almost all the power accessories were, for some reason, vacuum and they tried to match Cadillac feature for feature (you know - vacuum cigarette lighters......). So a different kind of complex but complex nonetheless. If you've had the joy of not working on a Lincoln of that generation - take my advise and try to keep it that way!

Dan

Comment

• Everybody used vacuum for just about everything back then. My friend had a '60 Desoto Adventurer and that thing must have had miles of vacuum line, all cracked, broken or missing, of course.

That's a really good looking Cad, I hope you get it. 365 (or was the 390 out by then?) and Hydramatic FTW!

Comment

• Thanks for all the positive comments on the Caddy. We are going to look at it Saturday and see if it is something we just have to have.

Picked up the wheels for the Bug today:

Name:	IMG_6995.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	1016927

The rough one:

Name:	IMG_6996.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	1016926

Most look like this:

Name:	IMG_6997.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	1016928
                      74 Nova Project
                      66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• From bug to cady, not sure you could get more opposit than that?

Comment

• Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                          From bug to cady, not sure you could get more opposit than that?
                          I like variety. I've bought cars in the past specifically because I've never had one before. This one fits that bill well. Closest I've had was a 50 Chev pickup and a 56 Pontiac that I never drove and sold as a parts car. As a "collection" item it's perfect in that regard.
                          74 Nova Project
                          66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Looked at the Caddy yesterday. Really neat car. Needs a complete interior, Tires (40 year old bias plys), and all sorts of misc other stuff. Drove it a couple of miles and it worked well. We decided that it was a bit to expensive and needed to much for us to take on at this point. Some pics of the crusty bits and one glamor shot:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7047.JPG Views:	8 Size:	179.8 KB ID:	1018063

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7035.JPG Views:	7 Size:	194.8 KB ID:	1018064

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7055.JPG Views:	7 Size:	187.8 KB ID:	1018065

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7060.JPG Views:	7 Size:	224.4 KB ID:	1018066

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7017.JPG Views:	7 Size:	203.7 KB ID:	1018067

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7038.JPG Views:	7 Size:	206.5 KB ID:	1018068

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7061.JPG Views:	8 Size:	145.3 KB ID:	1018069

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7064.JPG Views:	7 Size:	229.6 KB ID:	1018070
                            Last edited by 74NovaMan; May 6, 2020, 11:07 AM.
                            74 Nova Project
                            66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• some tin worm issues - but what a neat car!
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Was hoping to see a credit stretching, topping out thrash to make Power Tour...
                                Sure is a nice looking car! Betcha the interior will be a big pain to get stuff for!

Comment

Working...
                                X