No announcement yet.

1975 cosworth vega v8 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i have repurchased the vega so its all mine again.

s10 front brakes 10.4"

rear disc conversion 11" rotors

switched to a different clutch master, i needed the wilwood one for the mustang. brake and clutch lines are almost done, just need to do the rear axle lines now.

Comment

I don't think the gas tank is save able. Im thinking about an inexpencive fuel cell. How do the plastic fuel cells do strapped up under the trunk. Something around 12 to 15 gallons.

Comment

so i sold the 283, and im going to run a 4.3 v6 instead. more room for the a rad, and i wont need to get a new driveshaft and torque arm.

pre balance shaft block, 1 peice rear main seal, bored .030 over, $70 off criagslist

re-sized rods, vortec heads (with screw in rocker studs), a good crank, and all roller cam parts $180 between craigslist and pick n pull

free rims, just needed a spray can paint job. and found some 195/60r14's at pick n pull for $35 today.

Last edited by freetard; April 3, 2015, 05:46 PM.

Comment

sounds like fun!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

You'll have a nice little hot rod there once it's finished, the V6 is a nice touch (dare to be different!)
            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Interesting.. For sure the 6 will fit a little better and take a little weight off the nose..
              Plus the 6 is bigger? Per cylinder..

Comment

Working...
              X