Anderson and Fling LSR Mark 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson and Fling LSR Mark 8

After a lot of bench racing about it I me and the Flings (Sean and Tara) all want to do some LSR stuff. I will do the chassis and Sean will make the power. This project is just getting started with a goal of Ohio mile in may. The car is a 1996 Lincoln Mark 8, it is all stock now. I have adjustable coil overs and new suspension parts on the way.

Cool Shawn! That looks like a pretty slippery body - guess we'll see how it works out. Any idea on class?

Dan

Comment

Cool . Looks to be a slippery shell. I'm generally there so looking forward to seeing it and hopefully you guys there.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Love it! Will you be keeping the DOHC 4.6 or bringing back the push rods?
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

I've always said that's the car I'd start with if I was going to run LSR - with this team working it - this thing should FLY! E85 and tons of boost?
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

This is going to be pushrod free, Sean has a 04 Mach 1 engine as a starting point. Boost laughing gas or both not totaly sure yet

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              I've always said that's the car I'd start with if I was going to run LSR - with this team working it - this thing should FLY! E85 and tons of boost?
              John -
              As I read rule 4.Q they don't allow more than 10% methanol but it does not specifically address ethanol. If the guys want to run fuel classes they could run anything (more or less) but if they want to run in gas classes they should get a judgement from Keith or Brian (I suspect they'll check with SCTA who specifies a Calico "D.C." reading). In reality ECTA has been pretty loose on fuel requirements but I'd check in if only to show a willingness to follow the rules.

An interesting side note - as I checked the rules on this (both ECTA and SCTA) there's a passage that's either new or I missed it. It says that Diesels and LPG-fueled vehicles with no other classes (like Diesel Truck) will run in Gas classes. So Russell - you can run the TDI in gas, I guess. In D/T there is no penalty for a turbo but I don't know if the TDI would fall into a blown class.

The Lincoln, however, could run water injection within some limits. which might be just as good or better.

Dan
              Last edited by DanStokes; October 23, 2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
                This is going to be pushrod free, Sean has a 04 Mach 1 engine as a starting point. Boost laughing gas or both not totaly sure yet
                Use the Mark VIII block- its a teskid unit, which is one of the strongest (factory) blocks you can use.

If I remember correctly, in '93 Lincoln set a record of 183.xx in a mark, with the air suspension set lower, skinny wheels, and the grill blocked.
                Local person
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post

Use the Mark VIII block- its a teskid unit, which is one of the strongest (factory) blocks you can use.

If I remember correctly, in '93 Lincoln set a record of 183.xx in a mark, with the air suspension set lower, skinny wheels, and the grill blocked.
                  I read that too, I know that was b ville but shows how good the aero is on these cars. They did that with a stock B head motor and auto trans, we want to be able to change the car from blown to unblown fuel and gas. Also want to keep it street legal

Comment

From what I read it was "stock" but it I think it was also hand built and blue printed. So I would bet it had a few more HP than the run of the mill car. They did something to the trans to free it up some. I want another mark viii!

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Cool project!
                      Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                      1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                      1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post

I read that too, I know that was b ville but shows how good the aero is on these cars. They did that with a stock B head motor and auto trans, we want to be able to change the car from blown to unblown fuel and gas. Also want to keep it street legal

I believe the car was prepped by Roush, and ran a 2.73 axle so they could buzz it in 3rd gear rather than run it through the fragile OD.

Where are you sourcing the adjustable coilovers from out of curiosity?

cheers
                        Ed
                        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

There are a couple of guys running these. I think its a pretty good choice. This will be interesting to watch.
                          I'm still learning

Comment

2.47 gear. My googlefoo is strong today

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Here are some picks, I got the qa1 coil overs from super coupe performance. I have not had a lot of time and got a little side tracked bidding on 63 fairlane lsr roller. I plan on shipping the car Sean in Kanasas next week. I got a great deal on a ram twin disc clutch at a summit scratch and dent sale $150 down from $1280
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Shawn Anderson; November 16, 2014, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X