No announcement yet.

My 1970 Impala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep those hood hinges greased up good to prevent more problems. I hose down the pivot points on mine with PB blaster a couple times a year.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Casey - This might not be perfect as it's made for a Chevy PU but I bet you can adapt it to yours:

I've made similar braces but they were sort of clumsy and this one looks slick. For $20 I think it's worth a try..

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; January 20, 2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

those look like the braces the roadkill guys have on the ramp truck
        Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

I just straightened my hood's skin out, held it in place with clamps, then had it spot welded all the way down the sides.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'll look into the braces, as for now though honestly I'm not too worried about it. Eventually I'll get it fixed, but for now Id like to focus on the mechanical aspects of the car.
            I dont know if it makes it any harder to fix but the under structure/bracing is kinked right above the the hinge.
            1970 Impala custom coupe tree fiddy/ turbo tree fiddy (Daily road yacht)
            1966 C-10 SWB fleetside tree fiddy figh/ four speed( in pieces)

Comment

Just a simple heave ga. galv angle screwed on will work..
              Made mine out of old bedframes with one leg cut short and heated to kill the temper. Screwed in with sheet metal screws or hex headed bit tipped screws.
              Did that on 4 chevy pickups/trucks. Half day job..

Comment

I replaced my 20 year old shocks and original sway bar end links today

Comment

Bet you ride on rails now in comparision, huh?

Comment

Night and day difference, the car actually doesn't nose dive through corners now. As much difference as the poly bushings and budget friendly monroe shocks made i cant wait to see how it works with a larger front bar and adding a rear with better shocks. I did use slightly longer end links and the bar ended up almost perfectly parallel to the control arms at ride height.

Comment

Working...
                    X