rat rod to racer rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rat rod to racer rod

have wanted to turn a rat rod into a race/bracket car for awhile, ended up getting this truck to turn it into a racer, shooting for 12.80's, had a bone stock 283, th350, Camaro rear, it will end up with a bad 350 but for now I put a solid lifter bigger cam, dumped the tripower for a single 4bbl, installed a 2500 converter, (will end up changing gears also)...

Doesn't look ratty to me. Would like to see some video running at the track and abusing those pie crust slicks.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

I'm very jealous of you! Nice project! Keep the pics/videos/progress coming!

Dan
        Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
        Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
        Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
        Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Based on the pics I wouldn't call that a Rat Rod. It seems to have decent workmanship and nice finish (and I'll assume that the engineering is OK, too). Either way, it looks good and should make a fun project.

Dan

Comment

really cool, keep us updated on your progress (and video too)
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

scuffing the "new" paint job with a scotch brite pad,using some black paint for the "primer showing" look, trying different wheels

Comment

found a set of americans that had beadlock conversion used, 295/65/15 back tires,...pie crust slicks are very tall, these 295's are close in height... also in the process of satin clearing the scuffed paint.

Comment

only thing that might suck for bracket racing is seeing out of the cab,

Comment

Seems adequate if not generous. But probably have to run "Altered" in LSR - if you get close to doing that we'll help you figure out a class.

Dan

Comment

That's a cool looking truck for both cruising and beating on the track...have fun!
                      Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

looking to run NMCA true street, 13.00 class, and ANRA open wheel class

Comment

That's going to be fun.

Comment

Sweet
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Here's a few pics of my buddy's truck. Big differences but I think there's some connection.

Note the radiator.........

I have to shrink some images and will post more in a minute. Sorry for the double image - I'm having "issues" with that.

Let's try this: The truck is loaded with little details like this.

Engine shot. The turbo setup is fully homebrew though fairly low boost.

Overview of the whole deal. My buddy and his wife drive this quite a bit and have a lot of fun with it. I haven't met it in person yet but hope to get to Tennessee next Spring and fix that.

Dan
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by DanStokes; November 20, 2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X