• Show
Clear All

• CJ7

Boss says "You want to get out for a bit and go for a ride?"

Me "Sure."

Boss "You wouldn't have any interest in a Jeep would you?"

Me "Sure."

Taadaa....

304 AMC V8, still has the air pump emission junk on it.

Can't quite tell if this is a Dana 20 or a Dana 300....I know the picture sucks, I got a side full of weed-stickers for my efforts too.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

uhhh, where's the jeep? all I see is a rusty, crumpled pile of something

congrats?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

See FJOverland thread for a coupon for help getting this back on the road

Comment

but before you do, ask SBG if he has any of those suspension parts as spares.... I have part of a 3 link set up, and a 4 link airbag set up that don't yet have a home - though, all this talk about V8 S-10 blazers has gotten me thinking about what if.... so act soon, time is limited ;)

or, send a old, austin healy and I'll send you boxes of parts to fill its space so the wife doesn't know
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 1, 2014, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Bob, is this a Derby "after" pic? I didn't know they derbyed Jeeps.

Dan

Comment

How much is he paying you to haul it away? If you are paying for it I would not pay more than $.08/lb Goof luck!
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Bob, is this a Derby "after" pic? I didn't know they derbyed Jeeps. Dan
              Looks pretty close!

Comment

You guys.....there is gold buried in them thar rust flakes! SBG, it sounds like we'd just be swapping boxes of parts? Even I may not be able to tell the difference. There is a strong possibility of a title to that "jeep" as well. Might be a start to that 2wd 425 Cadillac sand digger idea.....2x4 box frame and mount the drivetrain, 8.8 ford rear, and some side panel cutouts. I'm smelling #1500 territory.
                Last edited by STINEY; December 1, 2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

do you think 425 ci is enough? I suspect you need at least 500 ci to make that work... better yet... a rotary

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                    You guys.....there is gold buried in them thar rust flakes! SBG, it sounds like we'd just be swapping boxes of parts? Even I may not be able to tell the difference. There is a strong possibility of a title to that "jeep" as well. Might be a start to that 2wd 425 Cadillac sand digger idea.....2x4 box frame and mount the drivetrain, 8.8 ford rear, and some side panel cutouts. I'm smelling #1500 territory.
                    Winner! I see a lot of them that are legit but no title here quite a bit lately. Maybe the UTV thing has ranchers cleaning the old farm rigs out in favor of "new highness".

I see a Jeep in there. Can't you buy replacement everything except a title?
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Oh the ever elusive title. I have heard tail of such, in my search for low priced caged roller mustangs with built rear end. I too often find they don't have the title. So if I am going to put the drive train out of my street car into a race car how much more of said street car needs to go to the new shell to consider it a body swap?
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

I'm surprised nobody has asked about the truck in the background? Too much left-over turkey?

Comment

it's just a rusty, dented chevy truck... 1/2 ton, no dana 60 axles, no np 205, no bbc... sorry, just a meh

that is a dana 300 long output

Comment

Golly, that sure is a nice solid Jeep, I bet that 304 fires right up, seriously.
                            Jeeps of that era in Ohio are rare, I'm surprised THAT much of it is still left.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              it's just a rusty, dented chevy truck... 1/2 ton, no dana 60 axles, no np 205, no bbc... sorry, just a meh

that is a dana 300 long output
                              Actually, its a 3/4 ton....with a 14 bolt in the rear (not sure of the front, didn't look) and it looked like a 205 in there......you got me on the bbc, its a small-block. Looked like a 4 inch lift with 2" body lift, definitely aftermarket springs w/polyish bushings. Looked like a sm465 too.

Thanks for the d300 identification. I've been studying it and couldn't decide if it was a d20 or a d300.

That and the earlier style rollbar, and the dashpad puts it as an '80. It even has the Levi-seats option....no fold-n-tumble rear seat though, boo.

Last edited by STINEY; March 22, 2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X