CJ7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

Golly, that sure is a nice solid Jeep, I bet that 304 fires right up, seriously.
    Jeeps of that era in Ohio are rare, I'm surprised THAT much of it is still left.
    I gave the fan a twist while tensioning the belts.....its somewhat stuck, but someone bothered to weigh down the hood to keep weather out of the engine, so a little marvel mystery oil may do the trick. Its worked before.

You got it Eric. I know its junk, but its rare junk anymore. I'll swap the drivetrain into the other CJ7 I already have, since it has a QuadraTrac case and those replacement chains are unobtainium.

If a title materializes the cowl/firewall will be the last piece of the BigBlockCadillac powered 2wd jeep itch I can't shake. The price will be based on a curb weight of 2600# x mixed scrap price or it can continue to languish without my interference.

I'll scoop that truck up too if I get the chance. I just sold our gravity wagon at home, and my wife misses it. That truck may be just the thing to lessen her feelings of loss?
    Last edited by STINEY; December 2, 2014, 01:41 PM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

My wife asked about the pickup, told her I got enough projects.. Bought a 85 GMC dualie 4x4 for the body.. Motor and tranny go to the guy I got it from, Son wants the front for his 70 Blazer.. Was gonna swap the body and box onto my low rider but I'm torn.. Rather use it as a 4x4.. Gotta find the kid a good front end if I keep this one and a trans with a transfer.. Got 2 manuals with transfers, rather have auto this time.. Debating small block turbo 400

Comment

I wish I could convince my wife that I need to buy more cars to make her feel better.... darn you Gail!!!!
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

I gave the fan a twist while tensioning the belts.....its somewhat stuck, but someone bothered to weigh down the hood to keep weather out of the engine, so a little marvel mystery oil may do the trick. Its worked before.

You got it Eric. I know its junk, but its rare junk anymore. I'll swap the drivetrain into the other CJ7 I already have, since it has a QuadraTrac case and those replacement chains are unobtainium.

If a title materializes the cowl/firewall will be the last piece of the BigBlockCadillac powered 2wd jeep itch I can't shake. The price will be based on a curb weight of 2600# x mixed scrap price or it can continue to languish without my interference.

I'll scoop that truck up too if I get the chance. I just sold our gravity wagon at home, and my wife misses it. That truck may be just the thing to lessen her feelings of loss?
          She'll fire, I know it! I've brought a few AMC & Buick V8's that sat for years back from the dead.
          I'd use Deep Creep to free up the carb and cylinders, and some Marvel &/or tranny fluid in the cylinders too.
          I also filled the oil filter on AMC & Buick motors with tranny fluid to free up the oil pumps, works like a charm.

Comment

I get great joy and a sense of accomplishment from making long-dead engines live again......I'm pretty sure I heard this one whispering to me, very faintly. It wants to run again, no doubt!
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

People say tranny fluid down the carb, I say diesel fuel... Will penetrate better, .. Used to run 50/50 mixture in really worn out derby motors.. Once it got really hot, diesel kept it running

Comment

Pop a valve cover off, back the rockers off, spray a little gasoline in cylinder with the piston near TDC, put the plug back in and apply some spark. That ought to break 'er loose.
                Last edited by TheSilverBuick; December 4, 2014, 01:29 PM.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Randal, you have access to high explosives! Easy solution and gives a new meaning to "go or blow".

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; December 4, 2014, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Under lock and key!
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                      Under lock and key!
                      Lock meet key

Comment

those universal keys almost always work!!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          Randal, you have access to high explosives! Easy solution and gives a new meaning to "go or blow".
                          Dan
                          Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                          Under lock and key!
                          Several years ago I was working for a company that was contracted to do some work in one of the local rock quarries. As part of their (pre-9/11) security measures everyone had to sign in/out at the weigh station. The lady assigned with those logging duties was running late one day so we patiently waited for her arrival. As she veered into her parking spot, nearly jumping out of her car before it came to a complete stop, she looked over at us and shouted, “If y’all are needin’ some dynamite, it’s over there in the shed and it’s unlocked.” We all turned and looked at each other in amazement that the dynamite shed would be so casually approachable by anyone on the premises.
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

Several years ago I was working for a company that was contracted to do some work in one of the local rock quarries. As part of their (pre-9/11) security measures everyone had to sign in/out at the weigh station. The lady assigned with those logging duties was running late one day so we patiently waited for her arrival. As she veered into her parking spot, nearly jumping out of her car before it came to a complete stop, she looked over at us and shouted, “If y’all are needin’ some dynamite, it’s over there in the shed and it’s unlocked.” We all turned and looked at each other in amazement that the dynamite shed would be so casually approachable by anyone on the premises.

as long as all y'alls watch this, y'all be fine.

Comment

Hmmmm Interesting
                              Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                              1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                              1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Working...
                              X