72 Satellite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72 Satellite

I thought I would show a pic of DF's old Satellite in it's new home. I found this 383 on Craig's list (the guy that had it built thought it was a little to lumpy for him) and the asking price kept going down, when it hit 1k for the engine and trans I called, I got it for 850.00.

I have a 440 for the car but I'll save it for the day when it gets paint, etc. My 4 year old son is going nuts waiting for me to drop the engine in so I put new gaskets on today and that gave me a chance to check the motor, everything looks good.

Man it feels so good to have a Mopar in the garage again

Re: 72 Satellite

Sweet.....Keep the pics and info coming.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Nice to hear that cool Satellite found a good home. Please keep those pictures coming.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
        Nice to hear that cool Satellite found a good home. Please keep those pictures coming.
        x2!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

excellent... keep up the resurrection
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I got the motor stuffed in, a leveler would have made it much easier but to my surprise the wife helped :o

Any carb suggestions? it has the Mopar 484 cam, 9.5:1 with 452's. The intake is a M1 dual plane so that leaves quite a bit.
            Cost is a consideration and I am leaning towards the Holley Street Avenger 770. In the future I'll add a Eddy performer RPM intake and IMO that throws out an eddy carb. How about the new summit street/strip with mechanical secondaries.

Below is my security team for the Mudpuppy.

Comment

Hehe..this forum is great ;D

Comment

Hello,
                just to inform you to make life easier on yourself.
                the steering gear box when cold or first started with have a locked feel to it. would be practical to rebuild the box.
                Look under at the gas tank, my jack got loose and dented the gas tank. Dont know if it leaks or not.
                the sway bar is an after market from PST. I never retorqued the bolts.
                And one of the plugs under the passenger seat, front area got loose, so when it rains, it tends to flood in there. Just a heads up.
                Have a good day.

Comment

Thackdaddy,just who are those guy'z? ;D ~J/W-OO6.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Crzma-Ray
                    Hello,
                    just to inform you to make life easier on yourself.
                    the steering gear box when cold or first started with have a locked feel to it. would be practical to rebuild the box.
                    Look under at the gas tank, my jack got loose and dented the gas tank. Dont know if it leaks or not.
                    the sway bar is an after market from PST. I never retorqued the bolts.
                    And one of the plugs under the passenger seat, front area got loose, so when it rains, it tends to flood in there. Just a heads up.
                    Have a good day.
                    Wow, I recognize that name from some receipts! I have been thinking about a steering upgrade for a few days so that makes the decision simple. I noticed the other things mentioned and they have been checked/taken care of. Do you remember what gear is in the axle? If I checked it right I came up with a 3:91. Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to drop a note....Thackdaddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                      Thackdaddy,just who are those guy'z? ;D ~J/W-OO6.
                      That black turd in the front is a fairly dangerous little fellow, and the cute one looking at the camera, that is salmonella girl...likes to poo on you. One day I'll snap a pic of Clyde the extraordinary warrior cock...he's one bad mofo!

Comment

4.10 rear gears with an aubourn limited slip.
                        need to change gears. it hums on back lash. could not fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Thackdaddy
                          One day I'll snap a pic of Clyde the extraordinary warrior cock...he's one bad mofo!
                          Just keep him away from Chad
                          sigpic

Comment

Here he is working the jeep over. :-\

Comment

This is nice to find, rust free floor pans ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X