72 Satellite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 72 Satellite

if you ever find a good deal on a used 750 Holley, or have a friend that has one...bolt it on....the 600, while great for daily driving was a hindrance to performance. It seems that my combo and yours are close, 383hp block, stock heads, headers, electronic ignition, intake....Mine ran okay but I felt it had more...honest to god the carb change was amazing, I think the 600 chokes the engine, doesn't allow enough air or fuel to reach its full potential...not saying you did anything wrong or that it was a bad idea, just suggesting if the opportunity presents itself to try a bigger carb on your engine...try it....guaranteed you will like it...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

My original plan was a 750 (3310) but the small parts nickel and dime (should say $20 and $50) you to death and I was going over budget so I compromised. But...I have grow attached to this 383 so this winter I might get a performer RPM intake and a 750 Holley or Speed Demon and do back to back comparison runs at ORP. But anyone reading this for help with a decision should listen to the man and buy a Holley 750.

My $850.00 Craigslist 383 and 727 have been a lucky buy so far but today I saw something that causes concern. I decided that I should swap the drivers side rockers/shaft like I did the other side. Well when I pull the valve cover, staring at me like a big red light were 8 exhaust rockers...hmm, self that's 50% bad.

Now, I put new gaskets on recently and should have noticed then :-[ Makes one wonder about the rest of the motor though :-\.................................screw it, full speed ahead ;D

Comment

That's the spirit! Press on till it blows. HaHa!
        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by Thackdaddy
          My original plan was a 750 (3310) but the small parts nickel and dime (should say $20 and $50) you to death and I was going over budget so I compromised. But...I have grow attached to this 383 so this winter I might get a performer RPM intake and a 750 Holley or Speed Demon and do back to back comparison runs at ORP. But anyone reading this for help with a decision should listen to the man and buy a Holley 750.

My $850.00 Craigslist 383 and 727 have been a lucky buy so far but today I saw something that causes concern. I decided that I should swap the drivers side rockers/shaft like I did the other side. Well when I pull the valve cover, staring at me like a big red light were 8 exhaust rockers...hmm, self that's 50% bad.

Now, I put new gaskets on recently and should have noticed then :-[ Makes one wonder about the rest of the motor though :-\.................................screw it, full speed ahead ;D

i hear you on the nickles and dimes...I got lucked into my carb from a member of this forum for next to nothing...got a rebuild kit and some chem dip and had it rebuilt...being the thrifty sort I am only into the 3310 for around 125 bucks....

I scored my Weinad intake fof ebay fro 65 bucks shipped and it was brand spankin new....good luck wiht this build, I love tthese cars...and I ahve a soft spot for 383's...terribly underated engine IMO
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
          X