Jurassic Jeep build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shelty View Post
    not bad. but if you go over budget, who cares, as long as you enjoy it. its gong to look cool as hell
    X2 much rather you make it what you want and drive it. no one is going to kick you out of here!!!
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Haha, thanks guys! The 5k budget is just as much for my sake- keeps me from dumping in a ton of money. Mustang needs a built longblock, new trans, and I really want to try building a VetteKart.

Realistically, once this is up here Ill fabricate the lightbar, and redo the interior (headliner, seat, and carpet). But I dont really see a 4x4 swap, buckets, or a LSx in it anytime.
      Local person
      sigpic

Comment

Another update from the bodyman!

Still has the other 1/4 panel and tailgate to prep. And fix the doors. He said it should be in paint in a few weeks... So now the countdown starts. I need to be in this on the road no later than august 16th. So in that time, it needs...

-Paint(body and wheels)
        -Decals
        -reassembly
        -new shocks
        -rubbers inspected
        -new exhaust install
        -bedliner
        -CB radio install

Im missing some, but dang... Theres a lot left.
        Local person
        sigpic

Comment

Guess what? Its august 19th, T+3 days since goal date!

Ready for the update?

Got to Atlanta on Saturday. This is what I found...

Well then.

He stripped down the drivers 1/4 to bare metal to do a small repair

All factory metal! You dont get that in NY

So needless to say, I am not driving this home tomorrow.
          Local person
          sigpic

Comment

So then- I hate bodyshops. I used to think it was funny to call it paint jail. Not now. I just want my damn truck done. So much for a 2-3 month job. Finally got some sprayed in early january. Maybe I will have it ready for this summer. Maybe.

This was perfect- fell off the stand when he was inspecting after drying. And I got a 'new' 29 year old handle for it, since they have a tendency to rust out.

v

I also picked up an old rollbar cheap (40 bucks). Sandblasting it, painting it black, and putting on the remote-control spotlights I found.

Local person
            sigpic

Comment

If anyone is following this-

Took it on its maiden voyage last week. Needs some work still- brakes are horrid, steering gear is well worn, leaks oil, and an occasional knock/lifter tick (I blame 220k. Sticking in a high volume oil pump when the gaskets done), and the door hinges are pulling off the body so the doors dont seal. But damn am i loving it. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171001_093409[810].jpg
Views:	57
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	1176337
              Local person
              sigpic

Comment

but it looks darn good doing it nice job
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                X