Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-1417009650.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	802.1 KB
ID:	1322894

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    That's what parents do they put their's aside to help their kids. The memory of working on it with him and him driving the Galaxie is worth more than having the 98 done.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Dang I need to get back on this thing. I really put it on the back burner in our mad thrash to get the Galaxie working.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I welded a stub to the shifter cover plate that will serve as a mounting point for cup holders or a phone holder or whatever I want. The stock 5 speed shifter boot will finish it out.

Name:	IMG_20220315_203616_444.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	1316062 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220315_203616_489.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	1316063

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    It is. The jury is still out on the shifter I will save judgement until after it is connected to the trans. It doesn't see as crisp as my B&M's and the shift plate needed some dressing and lubrication to let the selector slide smoothly. It comes with a bunch of shift plates and it was kinda hard to figure out which one was the 3 speed forward pattern plate. I have a spare B&M plate and am kinda curious if it will fit.

This particular model is hard to find. This one came from AT Racing. PCE220.1003
    Last edited by BBR; March 15, 2022, 05:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    By the way - is that the speedmaster shifter? what are your thoughts on that? Thinking about a new shifter for the 70 fastback that works well and doesn't look too "gimicky"

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    BELIEVE me, I have considered it on more than one occasion, but I know I would just feel like I sold myself short.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    James your sticktuitiveness is impressive, down right admirable. I'd have thrown a carb on this thing and been done - but you're taking your time and making it work with the factory computer no less. And, making it look easy. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied
    The gratification of when it fires is going to be far greater than your average "It Lives"

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Archiving efi settings that I have changed thus far.
    • Global Fuel K-Constant – to 30
    • AHISL – injector high slope to 30
    • FN1329 - injector firing order (15426378)
    • DISPL_LITERS - engine displacement to 7.5
    • PATS_DISABLE (SW_ANTI_THEFT) set to ON
    • FADPT_SW - Allow Adaptive Fuel – OFF (set for basic tuning)
    • SARCHG CID Engine Size to 460
    • Mass Airflow Transfer – Multiplied lb/min column by 1.58 (19lb inj to 30lb inj) (tried using Pro M values below but they were getting changed upon save - I think it was a lb/hr vs kg/hr problem)
    • TSTRAT to 0 for no transmission control

EDIT: MAF transfer problem was because I was trying to input a lb/hr value instead of a lb/min value.
    Last edited by BBR; March 14, 2022, 03:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Aftermarket efi is fairly easy and user friendly. OEM efi is pretty dang complicated. There is a lot going on and it is difficult to determine what affects what in the tune. I am slowly getting a grasp on what I need to change for the larger displacement.

Leave a comment:

• gconnsr
    replied
    I guess the fuel injection will be worth it but you're speaking french to me right now. Once in a while it pays to have friends,

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I cut out a plate to cover the original shifter hole and finished most of the trans controller wiring. Thisplate will serve as a solid foundation for the cup holders.

Name:	IMG_20220311_191946_573.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	703.5 KB
ID:	1315847

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I had to crawl under the dash yesterday to connect the neutral safety switch from the trans to the clutch pedal position switch. This car has a power driver's seat so I could not get to the bolts to remove it. I had to do everything with one hand because I couldn't get both arms up under there. Sooooooo dang hard, but it's done. lol.

I also discovered some good news about the PATS system. The particular EEC-V strategy that I have has a flag known as PATS_DISABLE (SW_ANTI_THEFT) that will allow me to turn PATS off. So I can now go back to my original plan and write a start-up tune to my chip without extracting my stock tune and proceed.
    Last edited by BBR; March 9, 2022, 08:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X