Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBR
    replied
    While I was waiting for the air compressor to catch up while working on the 83GT's header adapters, I started pulling the E4OD out of Greenbean. I really didn't expect to have it out, but here we are. Haha.
    It wasn't the easiest to get loose because the middle bellhousing bolts were completely hidden up in there.

I might have tried to put the 4r70 in but the 4r's converter pattern is the 10.5" and the E4OD's flexplate has the 11.5" pattern.

I'll figure it out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240128_154847.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	474.9 KB
ID:	1348822 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240128_155604.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	597.4 KB
ID:	1348823

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    The last major purchase hurdle to swapping in the 4R70 was the converter. I *could* have tried to use the stock converter, but I know better than that. Haha. After a bit of deliberation, I bought a Boss Hog ACC 26513. It is an 11" converter, 2800-3200 stall with lockup. Since this will primarily be a street car, I really wanted to retain the lockup feature. I have not 100% decided how I want to control the trans yet. I could use the Bauman controller or I could put a transgo kit in it that makes it a manual valvebody with no computer needed. I would not mind that in a street car. In fact, I kinda like manual valve bodies.

The car is in the air and all ready for me to start plucking the E4 out.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I was going to leave the E4OD in it, but man I just can't do it. Haha.

Judd's Galaxie is freaking good, but it would be freakin AWESOME with an extra gear. It just does not make sense to leave it in this car and have a driveshaft made for it when I would only be in there a short time.

Onward with the 4R70!

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    It would be fine if I had a rollcage or frame to attach it to. Sheetmetal uni-bodies are not great at conducting high current.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Going to Ground "Is A Short" ....
    @ 3 feet....how Big of a Short Did You Need ?

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    The sucky thing about that kit is that the negative cable is only 3 feet long.
    That's too short for even a Volkswagen.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I picked up a battery box and cable kit from Summit to relocate the battery to the trunk. The sucky thing about that kit is that the negative cable is only 3 feet long.

Unlike the 83, I hope to run the cables through the inside of the car.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Bolted in! I need one of these on the 83 too.

Name:	IMG_20231208_172442_397.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	1346376

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    [QUOTE=BBR;n1346197]IAT sensor just showed up. That is the last efi part I needed for this thing. Whoo hoo!

Since I have to relocate the battery, I have a battery charging lug do-hickey on the way. It will bolt to the inner fender above the water pump where the battery used to reside. This will give me a good place underhood to attach a jump box or whatever.

/QUOTE]

I've found a marine supply place (hey, we ARE coastal) that has lots of these kinds of 12VDC battery connectors, etc. They're sprinkled all over my builds.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    IAT sensor just showed up. That is the last efi part I needed for this thing. Whoo hoo!

I took the driver's seat out to make it easier it work in the car. That turned into a huge pain in the butt. The power seat would not move for whatever reason, so I ended up having to remove the seat from the tracks so I could get to the bolts for the tracks. I am going to change the way the back seat bolts attach so i won't have this trouble ever again.

Since I have to relocate the battery, I have a battery charging lug do-hickey on the way. It will bolt to the inner fender above the water pump where the battery used to reside. This will give me a good place underhood to attach a jump box or whatever.

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	1346198

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Originally posted by Monster View Post

Reminder ....

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Took a vacation to Hawaii and did a lot of thinking about my project cars and what I want from each of them. I came to the conclusion that I don't want both Mustangs to slide into the same niche. I want the 98 to be more street oriented and the 83 to be more racecary oriented. It's real easy in my mind to start driving each project in the same direction.
    Reminder ....

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    If it runs like I hope, GB will definitely have to get a bar at some point. I actually asked MaxMotorsports if the one in the 83 would fit GB and their response was vague at best. If it would, I could swap it to GB and upgrade the 83 to a full cage. Maybe I should just leave the 83 alone and put a full cage in GB....

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    The biggest problem with taking GB would be: it would only be legal to 11.50. I think it will be able to eclipse that by a decent margin. That would leave me running the 12.0 class or being a bottom feeder in Limited Street.

The 83, after the head and cam swap, could run 11.0, BBNA (most likely) or be lower midpack in Limited Street.

​​​​
    LoI! Bolt in bar (with swing out bars) for the GB!

Don't forget one of the special skills of BS is to spend some one else's money!

Or put AC on the 83. I think a bolt in bar would be easier. But I love AC that might be a better long term improvement?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    The biggest problem with taking GB would be: it would only be legal to 11.50. I think it will be able to eclipse that by a decent margin. That would leave me running the 12.0 class or being a bottom feeder in Limited Street.

The 83, after the head and cam swap, could run 11.0, BBNA (most likely) or be lower midpack in Limited Street.

​​​​

Leave a comment:

Working...
X