Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBR
    replied
    Yes it has the basic cloth interior. He does not have the fabrication skill-set or tools to build his own kit and he is only home for a short time. The skills and tools may come, but a premade kit would work much better for him right now. The kit I have might could work on his car too.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    It could be a GTS, not sure if you could get a GT with Crank windows? The no spoiler is another GTS clue. Does it have cloth seats?

My neighbor did an On3 kit the same time I did the DIY turbo on mine. I mine was down for months his was boosted in a week or two. I am not a fan of how the downpipes run on the On3, he removed his air conditioning. Mine requires manual rack, tube k-member / coil overs. Mine was a little cheaper than the On3 kit, as long as you don't count my tools and time!

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    It definitely could happen. The story he got was, the engine was built for boost but they never put the Procharger on it. The current plan is to get it running right and maybe swap to an AOD or 4R70W. He's been looking at On3 kits. If it were me, I'd think hard about the On3 kit and a MS2 PNP ecu.

I think the car is a GTS. It has manual windows and locks and no keyless entry.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I vote for a megasquirt and a turbo!

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I guess because we don't have enough Mustangs for everyone, Jake picked up a 95GT ~somewhat of a Cobra clone~ yesterday. It needs some tlc but seems to be a good starting place for a project. It's been repainted (now faded) and interior looks really good.

Motor has had work done, BBK throttle body, Trick Flow elbow, Edelbrock intake, big SVT radiator, long tubes and the interesting part to me is that it has head studs. Cam is unknown but it has a nice lope.

It's a 5 speed, sounds great, runs weirdish. I think it needs a new MAF or needs the one it has to be cleaned. No leaks except for the power steering pump. AC parts are all there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230621_094754_Gallery.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	1338548

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Ordered some rear tires for it. I went with a Nitto 555 R2. I wanted a drag radial on the back but also wanted something that would do ok street driving and be durable, The R2 seems to have a reputation as being a goods street tire and an ok drag radial. Not as good as a MT ET Street on the track, but also not as treacherous in the rain. The MT tires are crazy expensive so that was also a consideration. So basically I compromised. I don't think this car will 60 foot super fast anyway (guessing 1.6x 60's times) so they will probably be fine.

This decision also has Raceweek implications. I have slicks that fit this car and the 83GT, but the True Street classes require a DOT approved tire. So if we decide to do TS, we can run these tires all week. At the track and on the road if we want. The drawback is with 552" of mega-torquey BBF power, it may be quite hard to get a clean launch.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Glad someone Understands that Stuff (Spelled Shit)
    I'm Not a Millennial, Gen Z'er, or the rest....
    I'm from the "Toaster Age" .......
    ONE Button and the Dam Thing Works !!

12 volt Negative Ground, one wire to the coil,
    Gas in the tank, Good set of Points......
    It will RUN !!

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    You are talking Wizard talk now ...

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I *think* I have figured out what I need to do. Stock, the cruise and speedo use a signal direct from the VSS. (AC sine wave). I am using an ABS sensor, which also outputs an AC sine. The Bauman can read this signal just fine. The problem is the output. It outputs a square 0-5V or 0-12V DC pulse to drive a speedo. I did some reading and found where Bauman addresses this by recommending the addition of a 10uf 25v non-polarized capacitor to offset this to a +2.5v to -2.5v pulse to mimic an AC wave. I will give this a whirl and see if it works. If not, I have some other ideas floating in my head.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Well nothing can be simple, right? This transmission requires a speed signal to operate properly.

I intended to use an ABS sensor to feed the Bauman a signal and the use the Bauman to output a signal to the stock speedo and cruise control. The Bauman has plenty of input/output ratio options that it seems possible.

It's not going to be that easy though. It seems like everything wants a different type of input. E.g. AC sine wave or square wave. It's going to take some figuring to make everything happy.

We ran into a similar problem with the Yellow truck back when this trans was in it. Our solution at that time was to feed a stock F250 PSOM an AC sine wave from an ABS sensor and use it's calibration function to output a square 8000ppm signal that the EEC-IV wanted.

I may have to do a similar thing with this car.​

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Figured out why the intake air temp sensor was not working. Seems you actually have to connect it to the right wires in order for it to operate as expected. Haha. I hate cars.

On a positive note, I was able to bump the motor over and get all four converter nuts on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230222_180122.jpg Views:	0 Size:	553.0 KB ID:	1333121
    Last edited by BBR; February 22, 2023, 07:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    I also made a test print of a custom emblem for the fenders.
    Sweet !

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I checked the tps wiring for continuity and proper connection. Everything checked out fine. I added a ground to the intake from the TPS then hooked up the battery. TPS works perfectly now. Both the MS and the Bauman have a signal now.

I kept hearing something running when the key was on and thought it had something to do with the AC fan. Nope, it was the electric water pump. So I guess that works.

​​​​
    I also made a test print of a custom emblem for the fenders.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VideoCapture_20230221-182953.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	1333080 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230221_182622.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	1333081

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I got a new USB-serial cable and it works WORLDS better than the old one. I set up a trans tune in the Bauman software and successfully copied it to the controller.

I do not have a TPS signal at the moment. Gotta figure that one out. I read on DIY AutoTune's site that these cars have a weirdo grounding system for the tps and act/ect. I am going to try their recommendation before really digging into it.

EDIT: I could have it wired wrong too. I have found 2 different diagrams for the GM TPS lol. This may be the case because my trans controller is showing 4.97v when the throttle is closed.
    Last edited by BBR; February 21, 2023, 02:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Baby steps are still steps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X