replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post

Nope. Didn't get to do nothin'.
    Bummer!

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

Gosh, this thing may actually run this weekend.

Nope. Didn't get to do nothin'.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

I think the startup list is:

Fluids
    Prelube
    Fuel

To drive it needs:

Megasquirt & Ignition igniter mounted
    Driveshaft
    Brakes bled
    Diff fluid
    Seats reinstalled
    Grease everything
    Gosh, this thing may actually run this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Shifter is installed and it is smooth as butter. Each click is so satisfying. I had to modify a C6 cable mount to fit this trans because the kit doesn't come with AOD/AODE/4R70W mounts.

This one feels so good that it makes the old B&M in 83GT feel kinda bindy and stiff. So, I did what any good gearhead would do. I started messing with it's cable routing and mounting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240416_181035.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	446.2 KB
ID:	1352560 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240416_181110.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	612.6 KB
ID:	1352561

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Shifter envy......

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Started putting the shifter in it today. This will be the third shifter I have had in this car and it hasn't even ran. I guess that is par for this project since it's on its second transmission. Haha. Sheesh.

I just need to modify the cable mount a little and it'll be finished.​

Name:	Snapchat-591606423.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	460.6 KB
ID:	1352321

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Since I am going to put a Transgo AODE-3 manual valve body kit in this transmission, I want a better shifter. The cheapo one I bought is ok, but has no reverse lockout and just doesn't work nearly as smoothly as the B&M's I have. So I ordered a B&M ProStick for this car. Basically the same shifter that is in the 83GT and in Jake's 95GTS.

Yesterday, I vacuumed the interior and reinstalled the back seat. I also removed the Bauman trans controller and figured out what wires I need for neutral safety and reverse lights.

We are getting close to first fire up again!

I think the list is:
    Trans cooler lines
    Neutral switch
    Fluids
    Prelube
    Fuel

To drive it needs:
    Shifter installed
    Megasquirt & Ignition igniter mounted
    Driveshaft
    Brakes bled
    Diff fluid
    Seats reinstalled
    Grease everything
    Last edited by BBR; April 9, 2024, 06:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Looks a lot like 'Stanger back there only he has a convertible top that folds into the space.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Battery box and wiring is all finished. I only hit my head on the trunk latch 6489.7 times. You'd think I would learn. Nope.

Name:	20240407_163642.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	706.7 KB
ID:	1352194

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Interesting. I knew the e4OD was heavy because of the notification from my back the last time I put one on a dolly from the floor. Getting too old to do that again! They say the 6r80 weighs 215 but I doubt that is with a full of fluid converter. I have a slow burning fire to put one in my old Lightning and pull some gear out of it. With 4.10's and a boat cam, it's done by 110.

I love the converter snout fix. Genius!

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I weighed the E4OD today. Lighter than I expected. I thought it would be 270-290ish. It's only about 40 pounds heavier than the 4R70w. Both were weighed with the converter.

Name:	snapch29.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	612.1 KB
ID:	1351863

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Red 95 is getting good.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Hey, I know some guys with lathes! Sadly, I'm not one of them.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    4R70w install, day 5627. Haha.

Man I love it when things go as planned. I picked up this 4" chunk of bronze bushing material and made a converter pilot bushing today. The outside diameter was a little big, but I rigged up a way to mount it in the drill press and I used a strip of a belt sanding belt to cut it down to the exact diameter I wanted. Then I marked the thickness it needed to be and cut it with the portaband. I cleaned it up on the belt sander and hand sanded the outer edges and inner diameter until it fit like I wanted.

Then it was just a matter of putting the transmission back in. It fits great now and I have peace of mind knowing that the snout of the converter is supported and centered like it should be.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20240325_173226.jpg Views:	0 Size:	260.0 KB ID:	1351691 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240325_174515.jpg Views:	0 Size:	472.2 KB ID:	1351692 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240325_175023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	509.6 KB ID:	1351693 Click image for larger version  Name:	20240325_175858.jpg Views:	0 Size:	430.4 KB ID:	1351694
    Last edited by BBR; March 25, 2024, 06:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    I have one drawer full of Shop Built Specialty Tools in my Tool Cabinet.
    But NOW at my age, I should spend a Day and Tag them all for why we made them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X