No announcement yet.

CTS Cadillac Britney Spears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting it in has proven about as much a pain as removing it. For those considering this... the harness that runs to the speedo... put that on before the motor goes in...

anyway
    big hole

clutch installed

now would be the time to drape that wire

yeah, it's not
    another view

nice and sketchy way of centering the motor (was within an inch)

getting there

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      back to my original plan, apparently the movement is normal (have a guru I can ask)
      so the new motor - plugs are original and look good

I put a bit of machine oil down each cylinder to try to minimize damage since this motor hasn't run in at least 10 years.
      cleaned the cross member then removed the old rack

installed new rack

I ordered the 'wrong' steering rack, the old one had some kind of sensor in it - since this car came with or without, I'll either program the light to stay off or remove whatever it's sensing

tomorrow new parts and see if I can get this ready to go in....
      Had the sensor leak on the Vic. Looked at the others we have, none have the sensor.
      curious as to what it senses. Was easy replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Had the sensor leak on the Vic. Looked at the others we have, none have the sensor.
        curious as to what it senses. Was easy replacement.
        I could have traded the rack for the 'right' one, but the company I got it from uses FedUp... took 3 weeks to get all the parts from them and I don't have that kind of time to get one with the sensor hole.

Comment

Getting there

Lab approved, but 7 month old labs don't know anything

Comment

getting closer
            now with brakes

and oil - also spun it up to build oil pressure.

Paul worked on the rear bumper cover....

I made the old one fit in the garbage can

Comment

Runs great.
              but let's back up.... two of three fuse boxes are in front of the rear seat, under the carpet. Which is where you find the fuel pump relay

did some research today to figure out how to bypass so that I could get the fuel out
              yeah, these relays

hmmm... blurry...oops
              but it runs

and it has a leak in the worst spot for a coolant leak.... however, I'll fix that but other then that, it sounds good and is almost ready to go to the shop to fix the other stuff (radio doesn't work, windows don't go down)
              in that vein, I leave the sun roof open when I only have one key.... good thing. smh, that could have been bad

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                Runs great.
                but let's back up.... two of three fuse boxes are in front of the rear seat, under the carpet. Which is where you find the fuel pump relay

did some research today to figure out how to bypass so that I could get the fuel out
                yeah, these relays

hmmm... blurry...oops
                but it runs

and it has a leak in the worst spot for a coolant leak.... however, I'll fix that but other then that, it sounds good and is almost ready to go to the shop to fix the other stuff (radio doesn't work, windows don't go down)
                in that vein, I leave the sun roof open when I only have one key.... good thing. smh, that could have been bad
                Are you acrobatic enough to reach thru the sunroof?
                I sure ain’t

Comment

Are you acrobatic enough to reach thru the sunroof?
                  I sure ain’t
                  the first thing I did when I started taking the car apart was open the sunroof. Normally I put the windows down, but since that's not an option here - sunroof it is.... worst part is I can program when it autolocks, but there's some glitch in the system that I can't get into that program ..... as I said before, it has a few problems. That said, it now runs so we're well on our way to solving them

Comment

$18 coolant seal... yeah 18...with that said, all the auto part stores have that middle seal - and claim its for the 3.6, it's not, it's for the 2.8... so the only option was GM

installed back there

that's the end of the motor replacement

Need to align it then start figuring out its issues.... like the windows not going down.... it needs wheels/tires. One of the wheels is different then the rest and not one tire is the same manufacturer.
                    That said, a/c works and it should clean up nicely.... then drive the wheels off it.

Comment

Seals? 18 smackeroos!

Comment

Seals? 18 smackeroos!
                        but now it doesn't leak.

In other news, time to strip the junk motor

I'm not sure why I'm doing this as new ones are 77 dollars...but gluing back tabs on (probably because I think it'd stay without fixing the tabs

the hard part was getting the bathroom sealant off... why Mr. Lopez, why?
                        glued

if they'd just bought $5 worth of new clips it would have been fine... ah well, why do that when you can use bathroom adhesive and drywall screws?

I then spent some time trying to figure the window and radio issues..no joy, need a scanner

Comment

Wheels, what say you two or three people who's watching this?

It's an oddball pattern (5x115) HOWEVER, you can put 5x114.3 (mustang) - which opens a world of options. I'd kind of like to go a staggered but the rumor is 8.5 inches is it for rear width and 8 inches is pushing it for the front.

Soooo.... suggestions?

Comment

Use the correct bolt pattern wheels, Mustang wheels won't be hub centric and your going to be loading the studs in bending trying to go lug centric.
                            Central TEXAS Sleeper
                            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/b...els/drag-dr-80

Last edited by silver_bullet; December 14, 2021, 11:46 AM.
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X