• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to finish up
    offset oil cap that I broke

without the offset

replace the shower sealant with clips and refasten the molding

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I can't imagine how I lived without the tractor..... but this is junk - time to make it go away

the wheel I ordered
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Here is a on the wheel.
      Tim
      Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
        Here is a on the wheel.
        Thanks. They were relatively cheap and not black. That said, pretty much every wheel today has that similar design - so I guess, for a taxi, it's fine.... but what will really tear is that the wheels I plan on getting for my Corvette are similar in design (though I'm leaning more and more to getting my current wheels powder coated simply because they're different....

Comment

Update:
          Took it to my friend with the $10,000 scan tool
          1) radio is fine
          2) (didn't know this) but if one module on the circuit is bad, then they're all bad.
          3) we couldn't 'force' the driver's side window down - problem is that window has a module, and the other 3 have another control module. I suppose I can test the motor by puling the panel off but to be honest, we're not sure where the problem lay

Yes, I'm tempted to buy a knock-off scanner/programmer but it'll cost more to buy it, one module ($250), and pay him to diagnose.

In today's other issue - battery was dead - which explains the free jump cables in the back.... I agree with Derek (VG Garage), the trunk will tell you everything you need to know. That said, I like the car and how it drives so it'll probably hang around for a bit (presuming the window issue and the battery drain issue can be resolved)....for now, I'll charge it and leave the battery disconnected until I need the car. Rumor is it's a 3 day to dead discharge....

in other news, they super-darkened the windows - that is so annoying - between it and the driver's side mirror being loose, honestly you cannot see behind you except whatever is on the passenger side.... gotta fix that.

Comment

More work on the track tramp
            a reminder - ugly wheels (non-matching)

nice shiny wheels

I did note that it will need rotors soon... after I get the electronics fixed (window doesn't go down)

how is it that a hundred dollar hoopty has me more excited to daily then my 50k truck?

Comment

It should be fun to drive and if something happens to it you don't have much in it so it's not a big deal. Or you have new shiny object syndrome​​​​​
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                It should be fun to drive and if something happens to it you don't have much in it so it's not a big deal. Or you have new shiny object syndrome​​​​​
                it owes me money, must beat it.

okay, honest eval - it's a comfortable car with respectable (not BMW) handling. With that said, it's entire purpose is back-up car and for taking trips where I don't need a pickup or Suburban. Also, like the BMW before it, it will be for track days where I won't take the Corvette out....
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 4, 2022, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Dash integration module. $86, used, to purchase, figure I'll have a couple hundred in the diagnosis and another $100 in the repair and programming the remotes and keys.... Real dollars, all in (with $1500 tires/wheels) is just under $2800.

I'm quite happy - it'll be a nice, spare car and give me a rapid commuter (meaning, drive it like it's stolen, get good mileage but not really care about it)

Comment

Very cool!! I was surprised when Caddy offered a manual trans. Is that the first manual trans they ever offered...?
                    What do you think about the power/weigh/ratio's? Does it feel well matched?
                    While you've got completely reasonable money in it...I can see how someone with limited mechanical ability wouldn't get far.
                    When was last time you had a manual for a daily? They're a BLAST, if you don't have to deal with a crazy traffic situation...
                    Last edited by andy30thz; January 14, 2022, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by andy30thz View Post
                      Very cool!! I was surprised when Caddy offered a manual trans. Is that the first manual trans they ever offered...?
                      While you've got completely reasonable money in it...I can see how someone with limited mechanical ability wouldn't get far.
                      When was last time you had a manual for a daily? They're a BLAST, if you don't have to deal with a crazy traffic situation...
                      I know it's not the first because the original Cadillac was manual, but I think you're right that it's the first in the modern era.

It's sufficient, IIRC the motor is 225 hp and the car weighs about 3200 lbs. The platform is from the Opel Sigma - so it handles about like any euro, rwd sedan.
                      Swapping the motor isn't that terribly difficult - requires the ability to get the car up enough to drop the motor out from the bottom.

And before anyone asks - it's not really beneficial to swap an LS into them, the 'V' cars have a different engine cradle, brakes, transmission, and rear assembly.

I haven't had much time driving it, but it is fun to drive. It's not a BMW, though, but I think with better brakes, new struts and performance sway bars.... it'd be a fun trackday/autocross car.... it feels really stable already, it also looks even better if you price a similar feature 3 series.

the only thing I really have left to do is replace the rotors because they're about done (and pads, of course)
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 14, 2022, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andy30thz View Post
                        I have never been in a CTS. My daily is a 2013 ATS. Far as I know it's built on the alpha platform (Camaro) it is the the 271 HP 2.0Turbo and 6 speed manual. It's refined and rough at the same time. But my last car was a couch on wheels (Lincoln town car). Acceleration seems on par with my 5.0 mustang but the handling is way better. And Four door are nice when picking up the kids. It's to bad Ford can't make a Lincoln out of the S550 with 4 doors rear wheel drive V8 and 6 speed.

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post

I have never been in a CTS. My daily is a 2013 ATS. Far as I know it's built on the alpha platform (Camaro) it is the the 271 HP 2.0Turbo and 6 speed manual. It's refined and rough at the same time. But my last car was a couch on wheels (Lincoln town car). Acceleration seems on par with my 5.0 mustang but the handling is way better. And Four door are nice when picking up the kids. It's to bad Ford can't make a Lincoln out of the S550 with 4 doors rear wheel drive V8 and 6 speed.
                          I'm sure Ford would argue that they did with the e-Mustang...

Comment

Less then 3k in this as you see it. Radio works! cost $466 to get it aligned and get the new body module reprogrammed.... locks aren't working yet, but that's almost a given in my life (go cheap, buy twice).... that said, I'm sure I could get my money and then some out of it - however, I wanted a 'rental' - a car to loan, drive in sketchier places, it needed to be something fun and ride nicely. It does that in spades, that said... it ... is.... very .... slow.... yeah, I might have to do something about that.

I have a new mirror for it

yep, a it's as good as tacos on tuesday because it's a manuel

no funky smells either....

mark this one done-for-now

well, except take that idiotic tint off....

Comment

New brakes and flush of the brake system

the rotors were absolutely trashed, but had new, rear pads (which I replaced because I didn't know whether they were ceramic or semi-metallic)

the important lab approval process was employed

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I'm sure Ford would argue that they did with the e-Mustang...
                                Don't know how I missed this. They could do that but they would be wrong. The electric people mover is a crossover not a car, and there is no manual transmission option.

Lincoln on a S550 chassis with 4 doors rear wheel drive V8 and 6 speed, would make me consider a car payment.
                                Last edited by Russell; January 27, 2022, 09:24 PM.

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X