No announcement yet.

The Ten Day Torino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another guy I know has managed to buy the body and most of the parts that were left. There may be hope yet. I considered it myself, but I am working on too many things at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK View Post
      Another guy I know has managed to buy the body and most of the parts that were left. There may be hope yet. I considered it myself, but I am working on too many things at the moment.
      you can't love them all
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Sorry to hear about the car, but it's not done yet it seems.

This is why I can't sell my '76 sedan. I know anyone who buys it will yank the rebuilt '72 351C, the Edelbrock carb and F351 intake, the rebuilt FMX, the new dual exhaust, and the 9 inch, put it all in another 2-door Torino, and my sedan will sit out in a field somewhere until a couple guys in a truck come along and take it to be shredded. Can't live with that so I keep piecing it together little by little.
        Alan Moore - Wichita Falls, TX
        1976 Gran Torino 351C - Four Door Whore

Comment

Since I'm about to post another project thread, I figured I'd update this one for the last time. The Torino was put back together and ended up with a roller cam 302 with a E303 cam and was driven over the summer then traded for a 65 Mustang, then it changed hands again, went into a body shop where where it was straightened slightly and given a coat of semi gloss black and 17" Billet Specialties wheels. It now has another new owner.

So that's the end I guess. At least I saved it from sitting in a cherry orchard in Western NY and had some fun with it. All said and done I had about $3800 in it as it looked in the pictures.

Comment

Very well done Andy - you saved it and had some fun in the process, win win.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

....but the brakes seemed too soft, and there was a vibration in the front end that I didn't like. I decided that it just wasn't a good idea to take it to the track with only half a dozen street runs on it....
              What was the cause of the vibration? I guess the disc brakes fixed the soft problem?
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

When I sold the car, it was just as you see in the pics. It was sort of parted out then put back together, and had the 302 put in it. I ended up getting the heads back from the Windsor I had in it.

But anyways, the vibration went away with the disc brake swap because the control arms were replaced at that time. The bushings were dry rotted in the originals.
                Last edited by VTJUNK; February 4, 2014, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Since I'm about to post another project thread, I figured I'd update this one for the last time. The Torino was put back together and ended up with a roller cam 302 with a E303 cam and was driven over the summer then traded for a 65 Mustang, then it changed hands again, went into a body shop where where it was straightened slightly and given a coat of semi gloss black and 17" Billet Specialties wheels. It now has another new owner.

So that's the end I guess. At least I saved it from sitting in a cherry orchard in Western NY and had some fun with it. All said and done I had about $3800 in it as it looked in the pictures.
                  Great job,it's a shame to see such beautiful cars fade away.

Comment

I read this thread again, it's been a while. Remembering the thrash I did to pull this off. Also realized how this was inspiring to others to just get stuff done. I hope it worked for some. I'm about to do it again with my 66 Custom 500 that I've been prepping and loading the shop with parts for.

For anyone who followed along with this build, The Ten Day Torino lives. It's 302 powered, painted gunmetal grey now and has 17" billet wheels on it. I see it occasionally and although it's a bit of a sore spot at least it's being used I guess.

Comment

You're inspirational regardless of what you're working on - we appreciate you, well done indeed.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                      X